Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im sorry SIL but i cant wear that...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

My sister in laws daughter died in car crash 4 years ago .. i loved that little girl to death and miss her so much... i helped raise her while SIL was living with us... today was birthday we try to get together and have family dinner in her memory... well tonight at dinner SIL handed all of us small box and in that box was small locket type thing that contained a small amount of her daughters Ashes.... she wanted us to put them on and wear them... i couldn't do it it didn't feel right to me.. i told her it was very lovely and i will put it next to her Picture on my fireplace but i just couldn't bring myself to put it on..

Could you wear that knowing what was in it?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:56 PM
I head a rosary made out of my mom's ashes. I definitely could wear it.
SpiritedWitch
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:58 PM

I have my son's ashes, so I probably could wear it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:58 PM
Yes. I wanted to do that with my dad's ashes but it was very expensive and I didn't have the extra money to do it.
Masterchefmom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:59 PM

I would wear it. I can't imagine just leaving something like that sitting around my house

acrogodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 12:00 AM
I could. I want to use some of my grandma's ashes in a necklace so she can always be by my heart
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahmlvnv
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 12:00 AM
I would love something like that from the ashes of one of my best friends who passed away a couple years ago
Angel89411
by on Jan. 14, 2017 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
My own child or spouse, I think I could. Someone else I'm not so sure. I would definitely put it with their picture in my home.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 14, 2017 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I could wear it, yes.
anon1986East
by Kali on Jan. 14, 2017 at 12:01 AM

Yes, but that's me. I wear a locket of my dog's ashes, but a dog is different than a human. I would still be willing to wear a locket with a human loved ones ashes. That's what my mom wants us to do, she wants us to spread her ashes in the mountains of her home but told us she would be fine if we put some in a piece of jewelry too (then later told us to do that for my kids so they can either wear it or spread them somewhere they chose but still wants some spread in the mountains). 

MrsBieg
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm with you...Im not down with that. Now, in that moment, I would have just worn the thing. But a person's ashes, or a fraction of them, do nothing to make me feel closer to a person or spirit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)