Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so, figured out why husband won't let me put the kids in timeout

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 323 Replies
Yesterday, I put our year old in time out. I sometimes do this when he gets too fussy and it drives my blood pressure up. I just lay him in his crib and go into the next room and calm down. Max ten minutes. My husband works nights so he's usually too asleep for it to bother him I guess. Anyway, he's taking a bath when I do it this time. He gets really emotional and tells me to pick him up. He then tells me that his mom would leave him in his crib for days at a time without even checking on him. And when the cops would check things out she would tell them she was just putting him in time out for a bit since he was having a fit. I knew she was nuts and I never trusted her but this just makes me hate her.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristinm87
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:10 AM
Sad :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:11 AM
12 moms liked this
He remembers it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:11 AM

Wow thats really sad. I hope shes never been alone with your kids.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

So much weird in this post.  Your husband takes baths?  And your dh was left in his crib for days?  E-f*ckinggads!  Poor guy!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:14 AM
4 moms liked this
You don't sound like a stellar parent yourself.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yesterday, I put our year old in time out. I sometimes do this when he gets too fussy and it drives my blood pressure up. I just lay him in his crib and go into the next room and calm down. Max ten minutes. My husband works nights so he's usually too asleep for it to bother him I guess. Anyway, he's taking a bath when I do it this time. He gets really emotional and tells me to pick him up. He then tells me that his mom would leave him in his crib for days at a time without even checking on him. And when the cops would check things out she would tell them she was just putting him in time out for a bit since he was having a fit. I knew she was nuts and I never trusted her but this just makes me hate her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Why is it weird for him to take a bath?

Quoting chalisa0:

So much weird in this post.  Your husband takes baths?  And your dh was left in his crib for days?  E-f*ckinggads!  Poor guy!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:14 AM
Yep apparently she would lock him in rooms up until he was like four. Plus she had an abusive boyfriend that was abusive to my husband, resulting in him dying and then being resussitated at age four

Quoting Anonymous 2: He remembers it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:15 AM
How so?

Quoting Anonymous 4: You don't sound like a stellar parent yourself.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yesterday, I put our year old in time out. I sometimes do this when he gets too fussy and it drives my blood pressure up. I just lay him in his crib and go into the next room and calm down. Max ten minutes. My husband works nights so he's usually too asleep for it to bother him I guess. Anyway, he's taking a bath when I do it this time. He gets really emotional and tells me to pick him up. He then tells me that his mom would leave him in his crib for days at a time without even checking on him. And when the cops would check things out she would tell them she was just putting him in time out for a bit since he was having a fit. I knew she was nuts and I never trusted her but this just makes me hate her.
DavenD
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:16 AM
4 moms liked this
A 10 minute timeout for a 1 year old?
GigglesX4
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:17 AM
8 moms liked this

Time outs don't work for a one year old. Have you figured out what makes him fussy? Is he just tired or hungry?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)