• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't stop crying...another life gone too soon...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 220 Replies
2 moms liked this

This is the 5th one in 18 months.  Another young life taken by heroin laced with fentanyl.  Every single one of them dead within 15 minutes of using it.  Narcan does nothing for them.  

These are my friends children.  Young adults that my own child grew up with.  It's only by the Grace of God and pure luck that my child is doing a year in jail for possession of heroin and isn't dead too.  I don't know what the future holds, but I fear that I will join the ranks of these mothers that are heartbroken that they couldn't save their child from this evil once my child is out again. 

The heroin epidemic has taken over my area.  It's unreal how many of the young adults in my town are hooked.  Another friend of mine is trying to find her adult-child right now.  Her child has been missing for a week, no one knows anything.  She is waiting on that call that they have found her child's body and that it was another heroin overdose.  

I will not be responding to any negative comments.  I just had to let this out tonight.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
naomishere
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:16 AM
Around where I live it's horrible to. It's so much bigger then years ago it's down right scary
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:17 AM
It's not luck that your child is in jail.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:18 AM
I'm so sorry. I was just reading an article the other day about how terrible it has gotten.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:19 AM
3 moms liked this

We lost my sister to an accidental overdose almost 2 years ago. It was not heroine. But I know the pain. She struggled for over 2 decades with various addictions. Not knowing where she was or what she was doing, or if she was safe, or even alive. In and out of jail, prison, rehab. And nothing ever helped. It is torture. 

I genuinely hope that your child seeks and accepts help. Just be there. Be supportive. Be firm. Well wishes your way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:19 AM
12 moms liked this

I said is pure luck that my child is in jail and not dead.  My child did wrong yes, and deserves to be in jail.  It's only luck that they caught my child BEFORE my child overdosed.  

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's not luck that your child is in jail.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:21 AM

I can't believe how bad it really is.  

Quoting naomishere: Around where I live it's horrible to. It's so much bigger then years ago it's down right scary

dusty_707
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:23 AM

I  just had an old friend overdose last week. they brought her back after using narcan and shocking her heart.  they took her kids from her since her 3 year old was standing over her when she overdosed watching her and it wasnt her first time doing it. It makes me sad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:23 AM
Its bad here too. 5 of my high school classmates all OD in a weeks time.

If my school ever did a reunion for my gradating class they might as well cancel because there would only be maybe 20 of us there most all of them have died from ODs or drag racing accidents or atv

Its sad that herion has taking back over why cant people go back to drinking and smoking crack again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:23 AM
I'm in Cincinnati and it seems like every day it's on the news.
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:25 AM
I've lost an 18 year old cousin and a 52 year old former bil to heroin in 12 months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)