• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think this is rude?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Do you think being late ALL the time (not just once or twice but ALL the time) is RUDE????

Someone posted on their FB an article about how people who are late all the time are more creative, optimistic, easy going, positive blah blah blah and seemed to excuse their behavior like being late is a good thing?

I have a friend that I meet for lunch every so often. She is ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS late. She does not have kids. She is usually at least fifteen to twenty  minutes late.  I usually come at least five minutes late on purpose and end up sitting by myself at a table for awhile. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:33 AM
Yes, of course it's rude.
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:33 AM
I'm always late. I don't feel like I'm being rude. I don't do it on purpose.
marmie41
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:35 AM
Yes I do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:35 AM

Well people who drive drunk don't get in car accidents on purpose, but they still could have chosen to not drive drunk.

Quoting smorgan865: I'm always late. I don't feel like I'm being rude. I don't do it on purpose.

CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:36 AM
When you are late, if someone is waiting on you, you end up wasting other people's time.

Quoting smorgan865: I'm always late. I don't feel like I'm being rude. I don't do it on purpose.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:36 AM

I don't care if they're more creative, optimistic, etc.  They're rude.  Plan ahead.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:37 AM
I have major resentment towards my sister just because of her constant lateness. She has always done that and it drives me bonkers
beckalovesdough
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:37 AM
This is a whole other post.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Well people who drive drunk don't get in car accidents on purpose, but they still could have chosen to not drive drunk.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:37 AM
They may be all of those things...and they're rude too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:37 AM
It's rude. I've cut off friendships because of it. 10 to 15 minutes is fine, or even later on occasion, but if you're always 20+ minutes late, you obviously don't value my time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)