• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Special Ed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
What is your opinion and experience with Special Ed? My daughter is behind in math and the teacher wants to test her for a learning disability. She has a normal IQ but struggles in Math? I told the teacher I'll get a tutor but they are really pusHong this IEP program. What is your experience.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:11 AM
I would allow the iep.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:14 AM
Iep is just a legal document dictating what has to be offered to your child, it doesn't mean your kid will be in special ed classes
mrsary
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:16 AM
My daughter has a low IQ. Her IEP is evaluated annually and she takes the STAAR ALT. It never hurts to let your child be evaluated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:17 AM
I.E.P is not specifically just a special ED class
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:19 AM
Go for it. I got my son tested after teachers noticed him struggling. We found out he has a learning disability. Having that IEP in place qualifies my son for additional help and accomadations to help him. He has improved so much since it was put in place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:22 AM
My son has a iep. He has really great scores in his academies but his social skills are bad. He get 3 extra classes a week to help with his social skills as part of the iep. And he loves the extra time with teachers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:23 AM
Allow the iep.

I have 2 kids profoundly special needs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:25 AM

I wish they were pushing for IEP's at our school.  Instead the school doesn't follow them because of budget cuts and the parents end up homeschooling.  My son currently has an IFSP but will be getting an IEP  for kindergarten this fall.  It makes it so the school supposedly has to follow what is in the IEP to help the child learn and progress.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:26 AM
They won't do an IEP for my son because he has a 504 (which is just something stating that he needs his diaper changed during school hours). Ugh imma hate this fight with the school board
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:26 AM
They won't do an IEP for my son because he has a 504 (which is just something stating that he needs his diaper changed during school hours). Ugh imma hate this fight with the school board
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)