Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you help treat pain if you get

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Ovary cysts? I get them all the time and its so painful, and i cant find anything to help ease the discomfort.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Blinkylights
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:29 AM
When is the last time am ob checked them out? This is one issue I'm glad I've never had.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:33 AM
It's been a few months, but every time i went in there they would do a vaginal ultrasound and show me all the cysts and say there isnt much they can do unless i want to surgery to have them removed.

Im leaning towards getting my ovaries taken out, but im just worried how it will effect my hormones because im in my 20s.

Quoting Blinkylights: When is the last time am ob checked them out? This is one issue I'm glad I've never had.
Blinkylights
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:37 AM
Is one not as bad as the other or salvageable? I do know a few women on hormones for life and it's kind of a bitch. I would call and see if they can give you some pain meds for when it's really bad.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's been a few months, but every time i went in there they would do a vaginal ultrasound and show me all the cysts and say there isnt much they can do unless i want to surgery to have them removed.

Im leaning towards getting my ovaries taken out, but im just worried how it will effect my hormones because im in my 20s.

Quoting Blinkylights: When is the last time am ob checked them out? This is one issue I'm glad I've never had.
bluefirewolf
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:38 AM

you will go through an early menopause, which means no more periods, hot flashes, possible weight gain, difficulties sleeping mood swings - but each person reacts differently -  But why can't they recommend some sort of pain relief?  Have you had all the children you want?  If so ...

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's been a few months, but every time i went in there they would do a vaginal ultrasound and show me all the cysts and say there isnt much they can do unless i want to surgery to have them removed. Im leaning towards getting my ovaries taken out, but im just worried how it will effect my hormones because im in my 20s.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)