Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I freaking knew this was going to happen

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
And i told DH it was a horrible idea and now of course i am the one playing the damn price and the price is my sleep...

My mother has been bugging me to watch DD1 over night cause she misses having babies around.. She babysits during the day so dh and i can both work.. Well dh came to me asking me if i would just let my mom watch her one night... I told him it was a horrbile idea cause my mother wont stick to DD nighttime schedule and will screw up her sleeping.. He wanted a night off with no kids he begged and begged me so i finally said fine whatever let her watch her and you will see..

And guess what i was right it was a horrible freaking idea and now its 4am and who is up with DD??? ME not him not my mother i am and i have be at work at 8am. Do you think DH is helping? Nope. My mother let DD sleep with her cause now DD keeps getting out bed and trying to get into bed with me.. Which isnt happening so now i have screaming DD cause she wants to sleep but only in my bed. I cant sleep if she is in my bed cause i will worry she will roll off the bed and hurt herself
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:41 AM
Im going to have to call in and take a personal day cause there is no way im in any shape to run a machine or drive the forklift around a warehouse
Mommato5kids
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:43 AM
Oh man! I hope she goes to sleep so you can get rest. How old is she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:48 AM
She is 1 but in one day she will be 2

Quoting Mommato5kids: Oh man! I hope she goes to sleep so you can get rest. How old is she?
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I would wake my husband's ass up and hand him the baby and go to bed.

ceeeeg
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

yeah take the day off, get some rest, but be careful not to let DD sleep much today...you will just have additional probs tonight at bedtime

do NOT let that baby into bed with you....that way lies madness and you will fight years of trying to get her to sleep in her own bed

mom is gonna have to miss babies if she can not stick with the bedtime program...i sympathize with her, i get it, being a grandma myself, but this can not be about her lil feelings over what that child and you as the parent need

hubby's ass would be UP and out of bed and dealing with that child....or else he would be up dealing with me...screw that...you wanted this crap, you deal with the fall out i told you was coming...he should be fully feeling the consequences so that next time you do not have these stupid fights about what needs to be done and how...he'll defer to your clearly better judgment

Owner-Caretakers of At-Risk Teens...a safe space to find support and input among those who support/advocate for kids in crisis

http://www.cafemom.com/group/123248

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:57 AM
Good Lord.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:00 AM
I cannot relate to you at all, but hope you get some rest!
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:01 AM
How old is DD? I would be annoyed at DH. I'm a deep sleeper and DS used to sneak in our room at 4 am. I gave up. 😛
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:02 AM

Wake him up. Then go to sleep and have him stay awake until she decides to go to sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)