Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this petty?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Have any of you been a bit pissed about a wedding?

Example one

A friend announces her destination wedding. Im invited. I get a sitter and book the plans. She has doubts and cancels. Changes her mind and its on again. then cancels.

My money is lost. wtf. She knew she didnt want him.

example two

We spend thousands to be in a wedding. Less than a year later its a wrap. wtf.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Catherinesmom12
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:28 AM
I'd be pissed at #1.

Why wouldn't you take the trip anyway?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this
First of all, if I had to spend thousands to be in someone's wedding I would decline. That's insane unless you are rolling in money and obnoxious for a couple to expect of their bridal party. For the other scenario, just go and enjoy it as a vacation. I always get transferrable tickets and make sure I am aware of refundable deadlines for this matter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:32 AM
So you would rather people get and stay married because you spent money one it...
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:34 AM

Example 1, but then again, I would never be in a wedding that requires me to pay over $1000.

ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:36 AM
Example 1 would piss me off. Yoy have a destination wedding so you don't have to invite family. Also I've never met someone that had a destination wedding that wasn't a dick.
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:57 AM
I've never been to a destination wedding or paid that much to be in a wedding.

I wouldn't pay to go to a destination wedding unless I would still vacation there if it fell through.

Proper etiquette is for the bride to offer to reimburse bridesmaids if wedding is cancelled. Proper etiquette is for the bridesmaids to refuse.

A good friend wouldn't plan a big wedding with doubts. I would be annoyed at the losses.
Kmary
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:02 AM

Example 1 would be annoying.  I may potentially just take the trip anyway.  If the money is spent and we've gotten the time off of work and everything, why not?  May as well get away.  The second one wouldn't bother me one bit.  Whatever happened had nothing to do with me.  In fact, I was in my best friend's wedding, spent quite  a bit on it and she was only married 4 months.  It was a terrible situation that NO ONE saw coming.  I wouldn't wish what happened to her on anyone and in all of my concern and sympathy for her, not once did I think, "geez, and I spent a lot of money on that wedding!" 

GloryDaze
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:05 AM
You can't predict #2.
Shit happens. What did you spend thousands on?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:08 AM
Yeah, the first one would piss me off. I would not rebook unless the couple was paying for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:51 AM

No, it is not petty. If you knew she was not going to marry him then you should not have agreed to go to the wedding. All marriages can end at anytime.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)