• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have step families changed?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
My parents ended their relationship when I was young. My dad got me some weekends. I spent summers with his sister.

They never had custody issues. He introduced me to one or two gf tops. None of them ever watched me.

Did anyone else have a blended family experience?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:54 AM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:00 AM
yes, my mom left when i was 4, my dad met sm when i was 5, she was ok and he asked me if he should marry her and i said no, they got married and she was very mean, controlling and abusive. he just locked himself in his room or worked all the time and let her do what she wanted. they fought almost daily but she always got the final say.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:01 AM

I think it depends on the couple, judges generally favored EOTW in the past but custody, child support have always been issues for some couples. My four cousins were caught in a bitter custody and child support battle for years. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:01 AM

Mine wasn't like any that are on here. My mom had custody. If we went to my dad's it was because he wanted us and called, or we called him because we wanted to go over there. We saw him maybe 2 nights a month - but it wasn't like that every month. My parents got divorced when I was 4. My brother and I didn't spend a Christmas Eve and sleep over for it to become Christmas until I was 13.

We met Dad's gf from the getgo (he was cheating - main reason my parents got divorced) and they got married when I was 7 or 8 - and we didn't attend the wedding (our choice.) I have no stepsiblings.

I don't think any drama was over custody as much as it was between mom and dad fighting because they couldn't stand each other lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:27 AM
I'm not a fan of 50/50 custody.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I think it depends on the couple, judges generally favored EOTW in the past but custody, child support have always been issues for some couples. My four cousins were caught in a bitter custody and child support battle for years. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
My parents divorced when we were tween/teen age. My dad got an apartment around the corner so we could just walk over whenever we wanted. There were no custody issues, no set days. My parents let us hang at whatever house we wanted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:35 AM
Our situation is different than most. My oldest dd's bio dad has never been in the picture so when I met dh and we got married there wasn't someone to share time with and he just took on the role of dad and has been dad for 13 1/2 yrs. She's asked about her bio dad and I've talked to her about him and at almost 17 she has no interest in him.

Also I know if something were to happen and dh and I divorced he would take her on the same days as our kids together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:36 AM
Honestly I didn't know my step father was actually my step father until his mother screamed in my Face on my 5th birthday that he wasn't my daddy. My mother ran out on my real father when I was 6 months old. I didn't have contact with my father until I was 15. Then he disappeared again (my mother caused that.)

I had a very abusive childhood. So I was thankful the asshole wasn't my real father. Whom I finally met when I was 21
SciFiMama91
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:40 AM
My "step mother" would call me and try to get me to talk to her and my father's daughter in one moment. The next she would tell me I was so lucky he was involved(2 minute conversation once a week max wooo) and the next she'd be on about how my mother was a POS, moron, home wrecker set on destroying her family and we would both burn in hell....so pleasant. Oh and I only met this woman in person twice.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:50 AM
I barely remember my dad in my life. They divorced when I was still a baby I believe, my mom and his parents had a custody arrangement and they kinda paid child support by paying for my daycare and then private school. Holidays were shared with them, and summer break and my fathers sister got me a few weeks also in the summer.

My mom did remarry, he's a hard one to explain, he wasn't a bad guy till he had brain surgery and then he became violent, never to me or my sister (his) but always to my mom, we knew the cops by name.

Once he was out of our lives she had someone else, he walked me down the isle, he was a really great guy but they did t last either, but it was a long term relationship.

She met someone else, had kids with the idiot (she wasn't supposed to be able to have any more kids after my sister), and wished up to him. She's been single ever sense.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)