Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know that it's mean

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

to be annoyed with my dd14 over this, but I still am.

For the past few days she has been getting out of bed in the morning and complaining that she's exhausted. I ask questions and offer solutions but she has an excuse for everything. There's a fan in her room as well.

She complained one day that the cat touched her in the night, preventing her from getting any sleep. Um...okay. I made sure to get the cat out, she woke up the next day and complained that she saw a light. Her door was closed, it was closed to keep the cat out, the only light she could have possibly seen was from the bathroom down the hall. That tiny bit of light under her closed door, that only comes on when my dh gets ready for work an hour before she has to get up, kept her up ALL night. Not possible. I hope you get the gist of what's going on after those examples.

Yesterday she came home from school and said that the other kids made comments because she looked so exhausted. She said that they were asking her if she was depressed, sad, or even if she was being abused. My god are kids melodramatic....... 

I tried giving her Melatonin last night before bed, she's still complaining that she's tired today but has been talking my ear off. 

Is this something I should be making a doctor's appointment over?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:27 AM

I can't sleep even from the smallest light so I get that part. Is she on her electronics at night? Getting texts or notifications and shes not tellying you about that part?

miss-karla
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:28 AM
Melatonin? What for?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:29 AM

No, she doesn't have a phone or anything like that. She has never had any issues sleeping, this is something new that started about a week ago.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I can't sleep even from the smallest light so I get that part. Is she on her electronics at night? Getting texts or notifications and shes not tellying you about that part?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:29 AM
Could be that she is depressed. Maybe take her to the ped.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:30 AM

She's complaining that she hasn't slept in a week, Melatonin is for sleep. 

Quoting miss-karla: Melatonin? What for?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:31 AM

How much melatonin are you giving her? I can take it and sleep but if I take too much I don't sleep right. Maybe lower the dose a bit

Quoting Anonymous 1:

No, she doesn't have a phone or anything like that. She has never had any issues sleeping, this is something new that started about a week ago.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:33 AM

2.5mg

Quoting Anonymous 2:

How much melatonin are you giving her? I can take it and sleep but if I take too much I don't sleep right. Maybe lower the dose a bit

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:33 AM
Does she have anxiety?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:35 AM

It isn't something she has ever dealt with before, no. Usually we have a pretty good relationship, we talk openly and she has never had an issue sharing with me. She hasn't said anything about any problems other than this lack of sleep.

Quoting mommytoeandb: Does she have anxiety?

SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Make an appt with her doctor. If this is a new and sudden issue for her it's worth looking into.

Also give her an eye mask for the light, I love eye masks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)