Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People getting help!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:37 AM
  • 20 Replies

This is good news for those with drug addictions... The goverment is working on a plan for drug users to finally get the help they need. From what I understand it is a 6 month program, and then after that it is outside counseling/meetings. I hope this will help those on drugs.  

I am glad that I never used drugs, or my kids, but some people have and are hooked.. So, I think this is something good for those that need to get clean.. It can happen to anyone..  We need to pray for the ones that have been introduced to drugs, and got hooked on them.. 

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Trouser.Mouse
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:39 AM
Source?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:41 AM
People will only stop when they are ready for the help. I hope this only allows a person to go through it once. I'd hate to see tax dollars being wasted on people who are constantly relapsing.
ALynn565
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:48 AM

Was watching it on the news.

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: Source?

honeyrder
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:49 AM

Is this paid for under Obamacare?

ALynn565
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:49 AM

Yes, but I am glad that this may help some people that are serious about getting clean.

Quoting Anonymous 1: People will only stop when they are ready for the help. I hope this only allows a person to go through it once. I'd hate to see tax dollars being wasted on people who are constantly relapsing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:51 AM
There are already hundreds of programs like this out there that cost millions, if not billions, a year. They have limited effectiveness. I have no more faith in this proposed program than in any of the others that are already available. There is no magic pill to fixing addiction.
ALynn565
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:51 AM

I would not think so, because Obamacare is about to be gone.

Quoting honeyrder:

Is this paid for under Obamacare?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:52 AM
Highly doubt it will make any kind of dent in the drug issue. There are already state run programs like this and they don't really work.

Quoting ALynn565:

Yes, but I am glad that this may help some people that are serious about getting clean.

Quoting Anonymous 1: People will only stop when they are ready for the help. I hope this only allows a person to go through it once. I'd hate to see tax dollars being wasted on people who are constantly relapsing.

ALynn565
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:56 AM

Atleast, they are trying to help these people.. You can not blame them for an addicts choices, they are trying to help them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Highly doubt it will make any kind of dent in the drug issue. There are already state run programs like this and they don't really work.
Quoting ALynn565:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:58 AM
While wasting taxs payers money. I'd love to see the source for this.

Quoting ALynn565:

Atleast, they are trying to help these people.. You can not blame them for an addicts choices, they are trying to help them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Highly doubt it will make any kind of dent in the drug issue. There are already state run programs like this and they don't really work.

Quoting ALynn565:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)