Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long would you wait?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

If your ex missed a child support payment, how long would you wait before saying anything to your local CS office?

I do not have contact with my ex but ever since he's been paying CS (which has been since October because he decided to be a criminal and go to prison before then), I have gotten a payment at least once a week, sometimes twice a week.

Now, it's been nearly 2 weeks since I have gotten anything. My last payment was for $90 which is what I usually get weekly or twice a week since it started.

I was thinking of giving him another week or two before I said anything to the CS office. I know for a fact he's still employed because I know someone he works with. I just don't know why they wouldn't have taken anything from his paycheck. They have gotten paid since the last payment I saw.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MolsRN
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:48 AM
I waited ten days as my lawyer suggested before I turned his ass into dces.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:48 AM
I wouldn't, if it goes thru them then they know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:38 AM

Depends on your state
some states will get on his ass immediately....in other states the amount has to get to a certain point before they do anything

stacey541
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:45 AM
If it's deducted from his payroll, contact your child support case worker...I do payroll and there have been times the check from our company to child support got lost/mishandled and we didn't know until child support called us to see what was going on.
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:49 AM
Well my ex works steadily and the CS is taken directly from his check. So if a payment is late I know it's not his fault, it's usually a fuck up from his HR department. I just call him and he has them fix it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)