Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son farts at the table a lot.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My son (8), farts at the table a lot. He farted during dinner and I corrected him. He always says he didn't mean to or it slipped out, but im not buying that. I told him if he farts at the table again, he'll get 70 sentences. He farted at the table while we were playing a game. I gave him the sentences. This morning at breakfast, he did it again. I told him he'll have sentences when he gets home. He cried and said he didn't mean to. I know he's doing it on purpose because he laughs and says it's funny.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I make my kids leave the table. Their dinner time is officially over if they fart or burp at the table.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
8 year olds think farting is funny if it's on purpose or accident.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:53 AM
Send him to his room and take away privileges.
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

His dinner would be over the second it happened.  It's gross.  I don't allow that at the table.

MrsBieg
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:17 AM

Make him write!!  

Don't text and drive.  

susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:22 AM

Forget sentences. Make him leave the table and his meal is over. Clearly the "sentences" aren't working. Then start removing privileges. Of course he thinks it's funny but it is completely unacceptable behavior.

Baby4us09
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:23 AM
He would be leaving the table until finished and then he can return. You can tell when it's on purpose and not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:24 AM
When we were little and did that, our parents would make us go eat outside on the porch. What really sucked was having to eat out in the hot Texas heat in the dead of summer.
SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:26 AM
That's disgusting. He would be removed from the table, dinner would be over and he would be put in his room for that. I would take privileges away as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:26 AM
That's disgusting and disrespectful. He would get a sit down talk about it with clear rules that he will leave the table and be unable to complete his meal until everyone else is done. He will not be allowed at the table to play games with the family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)