Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Booster seat help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My son will soon grow out of his 5 point harness. He turns five in two weeks. There's no room left in the straps to make them longer. And the buckle can't move any farther from him. He is starting to complain that it hurts his junk. I'm starting to look around for the next step up. Money is an issue but I have some time to save it.

He is 49 lbs. I don't know how tall he is but I'm 5'2" and the top of his head meets my chest. He's a very tall kid for his age.

What say you, car seat nazis?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my4littlegirls
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:28 AM

You are not going to get many responses by calling people car seat nazis.  

I haven't had the need to buy a booster for a bit.  I would look into high back ones first.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:29 AM
As long as he sits well, Graco Turbobooster in high back gets pretty good safety reviews and is affordable. Both my kids 7 & 8 use that model.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:29 AM
I wasn't saying it to be nasty. I was asking for the women who know what they're talking about.

Thanks for the help though. I will look in to high backs.

Quoting my4littlegirls:

You are not going to get many responses by calling people car seat nazis.  I haven't had the need to buy a booster for a bit.  I would look into high back ones first.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:30 AM
Thank you!

Quoting Anonymous 2: As long as he sits well, Graco Turbobooster in high back gets pretty good safety reviews and is affordable. Both my kids 7 & 8 use that model.
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:32 AM
I agree with getting a high back booster. Graco makes a couple. Try babies r us online first. Sometimes they have online sales that are better than in store.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:34 AM

I would stick him in a high back booster. We have the Britain one.

my4littlegirls
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:35 AM

I'm not offended by it but some of the ladies here hate that term and will not help just based on that.  I have seen lots of car seat posts end bad because they called them car seat nazis.  I was just warning you to reword the last sentence.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I wasn't saying it to be nasty. I was asking for the women who know what they're talking about. Thanks for the help though. I will look in to high backs.
Quoting my4littlegirls:

You are not going to get many responses by calling people car seat nazis.  I haven't had the need to buy a booster for a bit.  I would look into high back ones first.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:37 AM

I also forgot to add if you want him in a 5pt harness longer try the Britax Frountier it's a 5pt harness that then turns into a high back booster. DD sat in one until we went to the high back booster only. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:37 AM
We have a Britax high back booster. I hate Graco. They are inexpensive, but they are so flimsy compared to Britax. Your son may still fit in the Britax Frontier with 5pt. harness. It's a convertible, so you can take off the straps and use it as a hbb when necessary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:48 AM

Does the seat he's in have the option of taking off the 5pt harness and just being used as a high back booster with seat belt placement?

if not
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Evenflo-Big-Kid-Sport-High-Back-Booster-Car-Seat-Grand-Prix/37296692
or
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cosco-Belt-Positioning-Booster-Car-Seat-Irondale/16904582

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)