• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do SAHMs do all day?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:52 AM
  • 201 Replies
2 moms liked this
Well what have you done so far?

It's 10 til 10 here and I've

7-8 Woke DD up, gotbher dressed and ready for school then sent off on the school bus.

As soon as the bus leaves I take my husky for a mile walk

Came home, got a pot of coffee started and then cleaned out the fridge and pantries. Loaded up ge trash barrels and brought the trash downstairs. I've done a load of dishes. I will be paying bills and makin some business calls today. As soon as DH is up I will. W cleaning out the bedroom. Then I will have enough time for a quick bite of lunch and then DD will be home. From there it will be cooking dinner and taking the husky out to play for an hour. Not to mention he little things here and there that need to be done like sweelinand vacuuming.

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Molz09
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:54 AM
Well.... I'm a Nanny.... but so far I've done dishes, cleaned counters, started folding laundry, had some coffee, fixed some toys.

I'm still on restrictions though (3 weeks post op tomorrow. Whoop whoop!)

Oh and I've been here about an hour and a half.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this

I took care of my dogs, getting them outside, feeding and watering them.  Got the minions up and ready for school. Dropped them off, started laundry.  Now, I am watching Judge Judy because she's my bitch

BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:55 AM
How do you like being a nanny? I can't imagine having one because I feel bad asking someone to do the things I feel I should be doing on my own.

Quoting Molz09: Well.... I'm a Nanny.... but so far I've done dishes, cleaned counters, started folding laundry, had some coffee, fixed some toys.

BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. I have judge Judy on as my background noise. Her snark and bithiness gives me energy lol

Quoting ReedusStalker:

I took care of my dogs, getting them outside, feeding and watering them.  Got the minions up and ready for school. Dropped them off, started laundry.  Now, I am watching Judge Judy because she's my bitch

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I do whatever the heck I want our son is grown and I have no children living at home.

Molz09
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I freaking love it! The family I work for is amazing (I went to school with the mom and graduated with her brother).

She always jokes that we're like perfect sister wives because she brings home the bacon and I'm the domestic one.

I'm not sure if I'd ever want a nanny, but I love helping another family out. And it doesn't hurt that their boys are freaking adorable (even if they are a handful!)

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: How do you like being a nanny? I can't imagine having one because I feel bad asking someone to do the things I feel I should be doing on my own.

Quoting Molz09: Well.... I'm a Nanny.... but so far I've done dishes, cleaned counters, started folding laundry, had some coffee, fixed some toys.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:59 AM
3 weeks post op here too!!! And restricted too :( ready to get back to normal

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:59 AM
I've feed my toddler, helped dh get around (he broke his ankle) and cleaned.
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:02 AM
Dropped one kid off at school, came home and finished getting dressed, and then took another kid to school. I've made homemade chips, prepped for dinner, folded laundry, and soon will pick up one child, come home and make lunch, then pick the other child, come home and help with homework, make dinner, get ready for church, go to church, come home and get kids into bed, pack lunches, and then relax!
BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:03 AM
I hope your DH is ok and can get back on his feet soon.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I've feed my toddler, helped dh get around (he broke his ankle) and cleaned.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)