Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How irritating!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I have to go pay a fine at the court house today. No big deal. Should take me oh, 5 minutes. There and back maybe 15.

Got up and got myself and our toddler dressed. Didnt want to assume that DH would watch him.

On our way out the door at 9am DH asked if I wanted him to come along. I said no thanks.

He said he wanted to come and did I mind the company? He didnt want to be home alone.

So I said sure.

And now Im still waiting for him to get ready at 9:56am.

I could have gone and been back twice now in the time it has taken him to get ready.

He does this all the time. Its quite irritating.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:00 AM
He sounds crazy needy. Just reading that made me sad. If he wanted companionship you should have left the toddler with him and ran out the door...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:03 AM

Leave the child with him and go.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:05 AM
Hes been in the bathroom the whole time. If i had left ds he would have unatteded.

And dh doesnt like keeping him whej i can.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:11 AM

I would have just said no & left especially since you know this happens all the time.

And your DH doesn't like watching his OWN KID when you can?

WTH.. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

All of that would seriously annoy me.  That last part would be the straw that breaks the camel's back and we'd be having a talk.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Hes been in the bathroom the whole time. If i had left ds he would have unatteded. And dh doesnt like keeping him whej i can.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:15 AM
I suppose a lot of people would prefer to leave "work" to another person if they could. No excuse. Just musing.

Quoting JalynSpoon:

I would have just said no & left especially since you know this happens all the time.

And your DH doesn't like watching his OWN KID when you can?

WTH.. 

JayTee80
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:19 AM

Next time tell him the night before what you plan and doing and when you are leaving.  Tell him if he wants to go, he needs to be ready by that time.  If he isn't ready, go on your own.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:56 AM
When I do this he is still never ready on time and then he accueses me of not caring about his feelings becaise I left when I knew he wanted to go. And then he will also complain that Im a tight ass because I plan the littlest details.

Quoting JayTee80:

Next time tell him the night before what you plan and doing and when you are leaving.  Tell him if he wants to go, he needs to be ready by that time.  If he isn't ready, go on your own.  

KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:58 AM

My DH takes forever to get  ready as well.     Maybe next time, say "why don't you watch the baby,while I run this quick errand and then maybe the 3 of us can do soemthing together when i get back".

Famousglm714
by Gina on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:58 AM

That would annoy me too. I would have just left but I have zero patience. Plus I like to do things alone. It's quicker. I envy that it only takes 5 minutes at your courthouse. It takes hours here, lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)