Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The room my mil lived in with us 4½ years...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

She will never live with is again. I have been cleaning it from Sunday of this week on. Had to buy a new vacuum cleaner because the one I had died.

The pictures are before and after.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Well at least it was nothing that some cleaning couldn't take care of. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:29 AM
My god! She's a freaking PIG!

What's the short version of the back story here?
SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:30 AM

How did you not notice how gross it was getting, before she moved out?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:30 AM
Still getting places her cat shit off the floor. If she lived in a apartment it would cost her. She is lucky I am not charging.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Well at least it was nothing that some cleaning couldn't take care of. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:31 AM

Please tell me that carpet was professionally cleaned or replaced.  That is just nasty.  

Famousglm714
by Gina on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:32 AM

Holy shit! I'm impressed with your cleaning skills, lol. Looks great now! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:32 AM
She could no longer afford her home in Ohio because her DF passed away. We moved her to South Carolina with us. She was told keep it clean. I finally got fed up and kicked her out. She found an apartment to live in. They have monthly inspection for crap like this. If she gets kicked out she will not be back here.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My god! She's a freaking PIG!

What's the short version of the back story here?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:34 AM
I talked to her many times. I would not do it for her while she was here. I never went in her room. There is a reason she is out now.

Quoting SergeantSausage:

How did you not notice how gross it was getting, before she moved out?

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:34 AM
Did you ever step foot in her room? How did you not know this?
Traci_Momof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:34 AM

Reminds me of when we had roommates when I was a kid.

My mom was renting a 4 bedroom house from her brother for the 3 of us (Mom, my sister, myself).  But my mom couldn't afford the rent that my uncle needed from it (because he was still paying mortgage on it).  So we rented out a couple of the bedrooms that we didn't need to use.  We had these one renters that it was a mom and her daughter who was one year older than me.  For a while, my mom and her mom were great friends and me and the daughter were great friends.  It was an ideal situation.

Then my mom and her mom had a falling out of sorts.  I don't even know what it was about but they refused to talk to each other after that.  It took a couple months for the mom to find a new place for them to live so in the meantime, anytime the mom and her daughter were home, they spent all of their time in their one bedroom.  It was just an average sized bedroom.  Did I mention that the mom smoked?  So every minute that she was home she was in that bedroom with the door closed smoking.

You can imagine what that bedroom smelled like when they finally moved out and how hard it was to clean it.  I think the odor still lingered even two years later when we moved out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)