Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

computer geeks....why would this happen?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

Something very strange happened last night. I got an email addressed to my husband. I read it and then looked, and I wasn't a recipient. So I thought that was odd. So I told my husband about it, and asked if he got the email. He says yes and asked me what it said. I told him and then went to go pull it up on my email and its gone. 

Now we both use gmail that were set up on the same computer. Everyone in the family uses google drive, so when you sign into a google account you have to pick which family member you are. and out emails are very similar.

However none fo those things should be a reason why I got that email....which is now no long in my emails.

Weird right?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnonMomof3
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:57 AM
Glitch maybe? I've had emails disappear from my inbox before. That no one deleted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:58 AM

Ive had that happen. I always assume Ive swiped it by accident.

But this is a pretty big glitch then

Quoting AnonMomof3: Glitch maybe? I've had emails disappear from my inbox before. That no one deleted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:20 AM

b

MommyMcMomface
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:23 AM
If you have linked email accounts sometimes I have noticed they wind up in the wrong box on rare occasion. Try looking in your drafts box to see if it may be there still.
If you are using Outlook on mobile there is a bug that deletes read emails from your inbox sometimes. If you get on a computer you will still find it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:24 AM

The sender may have realized it was sent to the wrong address and recalled it. Uusually that only works when the email hasn't been opened yet so that is weird.  It's probably just a glitch.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:25 AM

We just use gmail. Its not in any of my inboxes. I didn't try to respond to it, so it wouldnt be in drafts.

It's not in my email at all, not on my phone or computer. Its so odd. 

Quoting MommyMcMomface: If you have linked email accounts sometimes I have noticed they wind up in the wrong box on rare occasion. Try looking in your drafts box to see if it may be there still. If you are using Outlook on mobile there is a bug that deletes read emails from your inbox sometimes. If you get on a computer you will still find it.

jjessers
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:25 AM
Look in the trash folder for it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:26 AM

You can do that? I don't know about that.

But my email address was never on it. Like I said, just his. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

The sender may have realized it was sent to the wrong address and recalled it. Uusually that only works when the email hasn't been opened yet so that is weird.  It's probably just a glitch.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:27 AM

Its not in any of my folders

Quoting jjessers: Look in the trash folder for it

jjessers
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:28 AM
I've had that happen before with gmail too. It is weird .

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Its not in any of my folders

Quoting jjessers: Look in the trash folder for it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)