Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this true?? (Vaccine related)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Mobile Photo

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:09 AM
No scare tactic's as usual,
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:12 AM
Yes. Do I care? No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:13 AM

That sounds about right, but I'm not sure of the exact method used for creating the varicella vaccine.

I'm not seeing what the problem is.

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:14 AM
I believe it is correct.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:27 AM
Well the aborted fetal tissue thing is what I'm having a problem with

Quoting Anonymous 4:

That sounds about right, but I'm not sure of the exact method used for creating the varicella vaccine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:28 AM
I know some vaccines were created from a line of cells from a male aborted fetus 😢
TheRaz
by Liz on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:37 AM
They were electively aborted decades ago and not for the purposes of the vaccine.

Why not take comfort in the knowledge that the something that was going to happen either way has served a purpose in saving countless lives. And they are not actively seeking new fetal tissue. It's unnecesary. I know for the measles vaccine they have used the same two cell lines for at least 3 generations and have no need to use more.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well the aborted fetal tissue thing is what I'm having a problem with

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:43 AM
Yep...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:15 PM

They use cell lines derived from embryos. These cell lines were made in the 1960s, so it's not like a fresh baby is killed every time they make a vaccine. Also, these are just cells. They're grown in a petri dish and the virus is harvested from the cells. It's not like they have a full fetus in suspended animation and they hack off its arm to make the vaccine.

The Catholic Church is one of the most anti abortion groups known to mankind, and even they are ok with this. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well the aborted fetal tissue thing is what I'm having a problem with
Quoting Anonymous 4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:17 PM
Because people will find away to be negative about anything

Quoting TheRaz: They were electively aborted decades ago and not for the purposes of the vaccine.

Why not take comfort in the knowledge that the something that was going to happen either way has served a purpose in saving countless lives. And they are not actively seeking new fetal tissue. It's unnecesary. I know for the measles vaccine they have used the same two cell lines for at least 3 generations and have no need to use more.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)