Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I'm just not feeling it"

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:07 AM
  • 6 Replies

What would be a good solution in this scenario? THIS IS NOT ME

Husband works a part time job(25 hrs max) per week,wife babysits 2 kids in their home and homeschools their 11 yr old daughter(because she fears the kid will be bullied despite the fact that she never was) Homeschooling consists of just doing work books and testing at the school 3 times a year.She's at least 2 years behind in several subjects. Husband demands that wife not work outside the home yet refuses to work a full time job because he doesn't "feel it" 

They are in arrears for December and January rent and if it's not paid off by Feb 1st,landlord will be evicting them

Wife refuses to put the kid in public school and get a job because she doesn't want to hurt her DH's fragile ego(her words) and make him feel like a failure(that he is) yet knows that homelessness is on the horizon very soon. She's expecting him to step up once the truth sinks in. He hasn't applied anywhere.

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:08 AM
She needs to get a job
BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I would tell DH to go fuck himswlf while I go to work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:12 AM
The most realistic solution I see is homelessness. Both parents need a wake up call. Homelessness should be enough, I hope.
SommelierMom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:14 AM
I'd call CPS (and that's rarely my go-to answer). The DD's educatuinal needs aren't being met and they may be homeless soon. It might be a good wake up call.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:19 AM
The best solution is for him to get over "not feeling" a full time job, both of them get their butts to work so they can catch up financially, and the kid going to school and getting caught up academically.
Handsup4
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:22 AM
Sounds like a bunch of dumb lazy people to me. I don't have any advice that isn't obvious.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)