Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM is throwing a fit because she isnt invited

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

This weekend me, my  daughters, my step daughters, and a few of my friends are having a girls weekend to celebrate my birthday. We got a cute little cabin next to a ski resort and we are going to go skiing, go to a spa, and just relax

Well bm found out somehow (probably snooping through my facebook even though I have her profile blocked) and she is angry that she isnt invited. She sent me a text saying she thought she would be invited because we are a big part of each others lives and she would love a girls weekend. She also thought we were friends

Now idk if she was drunk, high, or just stupid but me and her have never been friends. We have been somewhat civil the past few years but that is it. Before that she refused to talk to me except to yell at me, call me mean things, and just overall treated me like shit. 

We have never spent any amount of time together one on one or even in a group. I dont understand why she would ever think that we were friends. The last time we even really spoke was last may at SS' graduation. 

I wasnt even sure how to respond to her message so I just left it. I got another one saying she always knew I was a bitch. 

I think I am just going to ignore her and if she keeps messaging me I will block her number. There is no way I am inviting her. She has never come to any of my birthday parties so idk why she would think she would be invited to this one. The whole thing is just so odd. She even told my step daughters that if they go they will be betraying her. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd completely ignore it. Pretend like it never even happened. She has no right to be there. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:21 AM
Weird
bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:29 AM
I'd ignore it. As a BM I would not want to go
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:37 AM

Happy birthday to you. Enjoy your vacation birthday trip.

JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:00 PM

Haha.. I'd just write back, 'lol, & that is why you aren't invited'.. & leave it at that. Crazy lady.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:14 PM
Was she asked if it was okay if you took her child off? I mean since you say it's a girls weekend obviously Dad is not going. How far away will you be going
jabs54
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:24 PM

She's nuts.  I agree, just ignore her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:27 PM

No she was not asked. There was no reason to ask her and frankly it was none of her business. It is about 5 hours away 

Quoting Anonymous 5: Was she asked if it was okay if you took her child off? I mean since you say it's a girls weekend obviously Dad is not going. How far away will you be going

jws120567
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:30 PM

She sounds unhinged.  I'm guessing that your SD's are adults?  She needs to get over herself, fast!

RebeccaRaeV2
by Bex on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:32 PM
She just wants a cheap trip.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)