Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My friend is in denial.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

My friend is on denial.  Her daughter is obviously pregnant with a small baby bump.  She throwing up all the time, complaining of a backache, and painful boobs.  I'm guessing that she is about 12-14 weeks maybe further along. I'm trying to keep out of it, but the daughter (age 14) needs some prenatal care..

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GKmoms18
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:37 AM
Oh no. Have you tried talking to her daughter
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:40 AM
Have you simply said this to your friend--"hey, it's none of my business and I am not trying to make this for gossip BUT...input info you placed here". She may already be aware and "taking care" of it but not making it public
Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:42 AM

When you say she's in denial, has the subject come up and she's totally downplayed the symptoms?  She may be painfully aware and getting prenatal care for her daughter, but doesn't want to discuss it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:43 AM

Quoting GKmoms18: Oh no. Have you tried talking to her daughter

No, my friend is very protective, and I'm never alone with her  daughter.  The daughter is home schooled.  She and her mother are very close..

caustinb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:44 AM
Assuming she isn't a moron, she probably knows and is not interested in discussing it with you. Just leave it alone.
beckalovesdough
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:44 AM
Babies making babies, breaks my heart.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:46 AM

Send an anonymous letter in the mail. Or make up a fake email or fb profile and send her a message. 

GKmoms18
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:46 AM
Do you have kids her dds age?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting GKmoms18: Oh no. Have you tried talking to her daughter

No, my friend is very protective, and I'm never alone with her  daughter.  The daughter is home schooled.  She and her mother are very close..

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:46 AM

Did your degree from Psychic Medical School come with a free dreamcatcher?

CStarz
by Rabble Rouser on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:00 PM
I tried under similar circumstances to tell someone in a position of authority that an underclassmen was pregnant when I was in high school, not to tattle but becasue I knew she need pre-natal care. I told the coach and our school nurse. They both laughed and said I was imagining things that the girl in question had just gained a little weight, after all, she was only 15. My mother has 7 sisters, I knew what a pregnant woman looked like and acted like by the time I was 5, ffs. I still can't believe no one caught it.

Of course, they weren't laughing so hard when she delivered a baby in bathroom at home and bit through the umbilical cord with her teeth. She tried to hide the baby from her parents too. The mother later admitted she 'kinda knew' her daughter was pregnant but wanted her to be truthful so she didn't confront her.

Moral of the story is that you can't tell someone something they just flatly refuse to hear, whatever the reasons. Your choices are to stay out of it completely or address it head on.
You said this kid is very sheltered- maybe she was raped? Could someone be abusing her? You could call CPS.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)