Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of neighbor are you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
What kind of neighbor are you? Do you keep to yourself and mind your own business? Are you a friendly outgoing neighbor? Does it depend on the type of neighborhood your in?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:46 AM
I mostly keep to myself but will exchange pleasantries with my neighbor.
TheLadyAmalthea
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm friendly and I'll say hi, but I don't go out of my way to have conversations.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:48 AM

I have lived in my apartment for 10 years and I don't know any of my neighbors names. I know a few kids names but that is only because they tell me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:50 AM

Ill wave if they are outside, sometimes. But mostly keep to myself. I dont like people biengs chismes(nosey) when it comes to me, so I tend to not be with others.

If though, they ever needed anything, I would be there. For example, my next door neighbor had a fire at her home, which left it unhabitable, the night of the fire, I offered for her to come in my home and wait, instead of standing outside in the negative degree weather. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:50 AM
Friendly... me neighborhood is filled with some of the greatest people and we host parties for adults and kids probably once a month.

Erika_C
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:51 AM

I wave and might chat if I'm walking, but we keep to ourselves. I know immediate neighbors, but not everyone on the street.

sassysuie
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I keep to myself.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:52 AM

Our whole street right now is full of the kind of neighbors who sit out on the porch and drink wine while all the kids play in the yards, who show up at your door with dinner when you've been sick and take your kids to school when your car won't start.

It's awesome.

PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:52 AM

Friendly but not overly chatty. I will say hello and be polite. 

NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:52 AM

Let's just say that when we were house-hunting, we specifically looked for houses that had large properties and weren't near other houses.  We crossed great homes off our list if they were too close to neighbors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)