Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Store manager thinks im being overdramatic

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:12 PM
  • 211 Replies
1 mom liked this
ETA- because geesh you people. I have benefits with my company. They cover prescription meds and otc meds depending on what it is. My doctor does not know what medications are covered by my benifits plan. So any and all medication even Tylenol is given by script. If my benefits cover it than I don't pay for it. If they don't I buy it otc.

So my baby has poop problems. Got a prescription today for stool softner. I wait 20 min for it to be filled. The pharmacist explains the directions and I leave.
I go to make the baby a bottle (she's 4 weeks) and I'm casually reading the label on the prescription. Says to not give to children under 6.
I call the pharmacy and speak to another person. They say being it back. There must have been some mix up. Load the baby back into the car.
Return to the pharmacy And exchange for another bottle with the assurance that it was correct.

Get home and its the same Shit they originally have me. Now I'm thinking maybe the ped made a mistake and prescribed the wrong medicine. Call the office. Nope. The prescription was right. The pharmacist made the same mistake twice.
What I needed didn't even require a prescription and is sold otc. It took the pharmacist 3 times to realize that. It's also a popular brand name and was indicated on the prescription. He should have known it was sold otc for babies of that age.

I asked to speak to a manager and said if you pharmacist is not competent enough to give out the right medication the first time and even a second or third time, perhaps they should look into a new career. I suggested that had that been my employer I would fire his ass.

I guess the manager thought that was a bit dramatic but apologized. I told him I was going to contact the corporate office to complain and hope some action was taken. He continued to belittle my concerns as if it we no big deal.

Seriously, that's a big fucking deal. It's drugs given to a baby. What if I hadn't noticed and my kid got super sick.

I may be a little hormonal still I admit....but Shit... That's a big deal right?
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:13 PM

Yeah, that's bullshit.

Mom2theboy1994
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:15 PM
8 moms liked this

Uh. that's a pretty big deal! You may be hormonal, but your reaction is not. I would be pissed!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:15 PM
10 moms liked this

1. If it's something that is OTC, why did your doc give you a RX for it instead of just telling you it's OTC.

2. After you got the second RX, why didn't you look at it before you got home?

3.  Why do you think it's your place to say you would have fired his ass?  It is not your place.

ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:18 PM
It sounds like your hormones might have handled it badly but it is a big deal.
Famousglm714
by Gina on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:19 PM

Quoting Mom2theboy1994:

Uh. that's a pretty big deal! You may be hormonal, but your reaction is not. I would be pissed!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:21 PM

IMO, that IS a big deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Giving out the wrong prescription is very serious and shouldn't be taken lightly, but I wouldn't have told the store manager that their employee should look for another career or that you would "fire his ass.' I'd say somewhere in the middle on both sides would have been more appropriate.

Sparkler16
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I was thinking the same about #1..... I've never been given a RX for OTC. That's really weird....

Quoting Anonymous 2:

1. If it's something that is OTC, why did your doc give you a RX for it instead of just telling you it's OTC.

3.  Why do you think it's your place to say you would have fired his ass?  It is not your place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:22 PM

If its a popular OTC medicine why did your doctor write a script?

I'm guessing the pharmacist filled the prescription exactly the way the doctor ordered it.  If you want to be mad at anyone be mad at your doctor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:23 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)