Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever been worried about a prospective employers's BG check or employment verification?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

All is fine with me

but have you ever been worried?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:28 PM
In my state, I am not allowed to say anything horrible. I can only say if you worked there and if I would rehire.
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

In my state, you can't say anything bad. You can only verify the dates of employee & if you would rehire them again.. They can ask questions, but nothing about bad stuff. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:33 PM
Anywhere I have worked they can just ask if you where there and if they would rehire.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:34 PM
You already posted about this and argued with everyone who didn't agree with you.
I suspect you are also the disgruntled worker who posted a dozen times about being forced to answered phones so you were quitting.

Really get some new material.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I didn't leave my last job a great way (left during probation without notice) and I told the 100% truth on my resume and app. This is the last step to maintaining my job offer. I'm freaked about my former employer. I'm sure she'll throw in extra info to the dates I worked to impact me negatively. I guess what will be, will be. I need to stop worrying. I do have five reference checks that I passed with flying colors prior to this. Will the word of one negate the five positives? Do you think they'll reject the offer if she says horrible things about me?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:36 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: Anywhere I have worked they can just ask if you where there and if they would rehire.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:37 PM
Same here, but trust me when I say....I can tell you everything you need to know with my tone. I make sure people I've fired are unhireable elsewhere.

Quoting Momtoone07: In my state, I am not allowed to say anything horrible. I can only say if you worked there and if I would rehire.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:39 PM

I just got my job offer yesterday

so how so? I've never posted about my job offer or the employment or bg check. Never have.

Quoting Anonymous 3: You already posted about this and argued with everyone who didn't agree with you. I suspect you are also the disgruntled worker who posted a dozen times about being forced to answered phones so you were quitting. Really get some new material.
Quoting Anonymous 1: I didn't leave my last job a great way (left during probation without notice) and I told the 100% truth on my resume and app. This is the last step to maintaining my job offer. I'm freaked about my former employer. I'm sure she'll throw in extra info to the dates I worked to impact me negatively. I guess what will be, will be. I need to stop worrying. I do have five reference checks that I passed with flying colors prior to this. Will the word of one negate the five positives? Do you think they'll reject the offer if she says horrible things about me?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:40 PM

You were honest about when and how you left, if your last employer tries to say anything negative about you, it's likely that your prospective employer will see through it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:41 PM

I resigned after my interview. I was employed during the interview/app process. I am sure they will. Thanks

Quoting Anonymous 6:

You were honest about when and how you left, if your last employer tries to say anything negative about you, it's likely that your prospective employer will see through it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this

That's awfully vindictive and unnecassarily cruel, don't you think? 

Quoting Anonymous 5: Same here, but trust me when I say....I can tell you everything you need to know with my tone. I make sure people I've fired are unhireable elsewhere.
Quoting Momtoone07: In my state, I am not allowed to say anything horrible. I can only say if you worked there and if I would rehire.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)