Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stay in your lane!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

ffs does no one know how to use a multi-lane turn? I have lost count on how many people have nearly hit me while I was turning.

I'll give you the scenario that happened last night. I was leaving work and the light to get on the freeway has 2 let turn lanes, 2 straight lanes and then a right turn lane. I was in the far left lane going to turn onto the diamond lane on the on ramp, the person next to me was turning the same direction but not going into the diamond lane. when the light turned green the dipshit started merging into my lane and nearly clipped my brand new car and then proceeded to cuss at me after I honked at him.

seriously...if you want to be in the fast lane, be in the fucking turn lane FOR THAT LANE, if you want to be in the slow lane BE IN THAT TURN LANE. it's also illegal and not to mention dangerous to change lanes in the middle of an intersection unless construction cones tell you to do so.

this is what people do. red is me, blue is the other car. and yes it royally pisses me off because people have run into me and then called the cops blaming me.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:37 PM
I have a lot of rotaries in my area. I feel your pain.
kmeow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:39 PM
My stepdad is one of those assholes. He gets irrationally angry when anyone tries to explain the proper way to use a turn lane to him, and insists that both lanes are supposed to merge together into the first lane, like a double freeway entrance. I won't drive with him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:39 PM

its so annoying and the closer i get into LA the more people dont seem to know how to drive. i fucking hate driving in california.

Quoting Momtoone07: I have a lot of rotaries in my area. I feel your pain.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:40 PM

yeah the double freeway entrance is the worst. you dont merge until youre at the meter and one at a time you get into the freeway.

Quoting kmeow: My stepdad is one of those assholes. He gets irrationally angry when anyone tries to explain the proper way to use a turn lane to him, and insists that both lanes are supposed to merge together into the first lane, like a double freeway entrance. I won't drive with him.

ucm115
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:40 PM

I feel you on this! Living in the DC metro area has it's perks, but traffic and the people in it are not on that list.

Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:40 PM
The lanes in the rotaries are clearly marked. Signs everywhere. People still can't figure it out.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

its so annoying and the closer i get into LA the more people dont seem to know how to drive. i fucking hate driving in california.

Quoting Momtoone07: I have a lot of rotaries in my area. I feel your pain.

JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My issue is people with round'abouts. Everyone freaks out.. Drives me nuts.

Famousglm714
by Gina on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:41 PM

I know! I have the same problem except in the Michigan turnarounds. It's kind of the same thing. People are ridiculous then they look at you like you're the asshole, ugh. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never seen one so i probably would also lol

Quoting JalynSpoon:

My issue is people with round'abouts. Everyone freaks out.. Drives me nuts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:44 PM
My grampa always told us to hesitate when the light turns green and to sit and wait for a quick second. He was always teaching us to be a defensive driver. Mainly because of people like you witnessed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)