Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obamacare

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I did not have health insurance last year. I could not afford it even working 2 jobs. I applied for Medicaid but they said I made too much so I was not approved.
Last tax season, the person who did my taxes told me that I would have to pay $700 if I did not have health insurance. I went to H&R Block to get my taxes done last year. So it was a tax place that told me that.
Is this still possible? Or did Trump stop it? I am about to get my taxes done and i am so worried about that $700. I don't have that kind of money. I pay for my medicine out of pocket. Why do I have to be punished for not having health insurance? I just don't understand it.
But does anyone know if people still get penalized for that?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gunsgirl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:26 PM

Trump is not President yet, he cannot change policy.

if you did not have insurance last year you can be subjected to a fine. if you get a refund the fine will come out of that money, you will not have to pay it out of pocket.

alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:28 PM

Trump isn't even president yet! Even so, you are doing your taxes from last year- which Obamacare is still up and running. 

JalynSpoon
I was all for you. You fell over my love. I just can't afford it this time. I can see it, in you & me.. Let live.. Let live.
Yesterday at 3:58 PM
by CajunTarHeel on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:28 PM

They take the fine from what you get back.

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:28 PM
Trump isn't president yet, how could he "stop" anything?
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:32 PM
It's true. They will take it out of your refund. I think it's so stupid. Can't afford to pay for health insurance, let's fine them!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:33 PM

You realize you are paying your taxes for 2016. Trump was not president in 2016 (fact...he's STILL not president). He does not have the power to do anything yet.

Seriously, how do people not know that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)