Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Choose a job for me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My kids are out of the house. I have a couple years before my husband retires. I would like something that is extremely flexible on hours/vacation. Since he has a high stress job I want to be able to take off with him whenever he can. He cannot always plan ahead. I really don't care how much it pays/could even be volunteer. Though pay would be nice… Little mad money would be nice.

Any ideas?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:12 PM

Do you like kids ? if so go on one of the online site and sign up to be a babysitter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:14 PM
Love kids. I guess I should've added… It needs to be a job that is not in the evenings or on the weekends. Seems ridiculous to take a job and miss out on time with my husband.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Do you like kids ? if so go on one of the online site and sign up to be a babysitter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:15 PM
School cafeteria, school secretary?
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:16 PM
What kind of work have you done in the past?
AmiJanell
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:16 PM

I'd get a casual position... then you can pick up when you want and the hours you want. 

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:18 PM

People are looking for daytime hours. There are also senior  companionship jobs.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Love kids. I guess I should've added… It needs to be a job that is not in the evenings or on the weekends. Seems ridiculous to take a job and miss out on time with my husband.
Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:21 PM
Bookkeeping… I could pick up some random bookkeeping jobs and do it home. But that's boring work. If I don't have to work… I rather do something fun.

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs: What kind of work have you done in the past?
Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:26 PM

either volunteer or per diem in what ever your education allows for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)