Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dog abuse?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
When we have real bacon (maybe 2/3 times a year) I will take some of the bacon grease and mix it in with the kibble.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devilish_One
by I'm Done on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:18 PM
I've done that before. Never again!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:18 PM

I don't do that because my dog will shit everywhere.  Too much fat for their system.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:22 PM
I think it's child abuse that you only have bacon 2-3 times a year!
In response to the dog question I don't give them the grease, because I don't want to clean up shit but sometimes I cook and extra piece of bacon for the dogs. Or if I over Cook some a bit ill crumble it and add it to their food.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:24 PM
My kids don't like bacon. We always buy turkey bacon… There's no grease associate with that, or minimal amounts.

The only time I really make bacon is if we're having a brunch for guests. However, today I bought it to do bacon wrapped dates for someplace I'm going.

Quoting LCWAmommy: I think it's child abuse that you only have bacon 2-3 times a year!
In response to the dog question I don't give them the grease, because I don't want to clean up shit but sometimes I cook and extra piece of bacon for the dogs. Or if I over Cook some a bit ill crumble it and add it to their food.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:26 PM
Abuse?

Good god, does anyone know the definition?
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:26 PM

Don't think it's abuse, but doubt it is healthy for a dog.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:28 PM
It's really stupid, and can make your dog shit everywhere. Would you want bacon grease mixed in with your cereal, or do you think that would upset your stomach and give you the runs?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:28 PM
LOL… That was to get you to open the post. Seems like only drama titles get responses.

Quoting redneckmama4: Abuse?

Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:31 PM
Yep mine too. She will shit everywhere if she eats anything but dry dog food or dry dog treats.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I don't do that because my dog will shit everywhere.  Too much fat for their system.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:31 PM
Ha! Oops :)

I'm sure there is someone that will think it's abuse here lol.

I give my outside dogs all of our scraps, grease included. I never have to deal with any blow outs, thankfully.

Quoting Anonymous 1: LOL… That was to get you to open the post. Seems like only drama titles get responses.

Quoting redneckmama4: Abuse?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)