Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Break up for good already!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

Did you ever know a couple who are so messed up? Fighting, involving their children in their problems, constantly "breaking up" then deciding to try again?

We do, and it's beyond irritating! It's family, and it makes it very uncomfortable knowing they were planning a divorce, but are now joining us for holidays again.

It makes me want to scream "get a divorce already!" every time I see them. It's pathetic.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:46 PM
Yes, dh and I are back and forth now. It is frustrating but I know we can work things out.
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:47 PM

Yes, I do.. I wish they would stay broken up because they are toxic to each other, but they stay together.. To each their own. I don't have to be around it so I don't care. If they want to be miserable, so be it.

JDMlover
by Summer&Lucille on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:48 PM

yes I do, you just have to limit your time with them until everything mellows out.

happinessforyou
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:49 PM

I really don't give a shit what 2 adults do... until it impacts children. The kids don't know what in the hell is going on and it can be very freightening... stop screwing up your kids!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:49 PM

I don't know your situation. I do know of a couple in my DH's family. It's literally been about 10 years of fighting, breaking up, getting back and lots of drama. Drama even on family vacation. It's to the point, no one wants to hear it anymore.

I had a friend in a relationship like this too. They're still together as well.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes, dh and I are back and forth now. It is frustrating but I know we can work things out.

GKmoms18
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:51 PM
Yes! Sad thing is, neither of them want their kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:51 PM

I would agree, except that she uses their son to hurt her DH. It's really sad. He's a teen and she's so mean to him.

Quoting JalynSpoon:

Yes, I do.. I wish they would stay broken up because they are toxic to each other, but they stay together.. To each their own. I don't have to be around it so I don't care. If they want to be miserable, so be it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:52 PM

I don't think there is an "until" with them. It just never ends.

Quoting JDMlover:

yes I do, you just have to limit your time with them until everything mellows out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

The situation is very toxic for their kids. And he says he wants to work it out because he doesn't want to move his son around. The one child they had together gets it the worst. Sad and pathetic excuse.

Quoting happinessforyou:

I really don't give a shit what 2 adults do... until it impacts children. The kids don't know what in the hell is going on and it can be very freightening... stop screwing up your kids!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 1:54 PM
Yes the only difference is they don't involve their kids in their problems. The wife says she is just waiting for him to die so she can get his life insurance. She says it's easier then leaving with four kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)