• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Her money gets stolen every week.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Last night I posted about how I needed to find a ride to my appointment today. I couldn't miss it, I couldn't reschedule it, and my car was broke down. Last night my brother said he would see if he could give me a ride. Today my Mom comes home and starts saying that she thinks I should take an Uber. I told her I didn't have the money for an Uber I only had $28 to give someone in gas (it's a 35 mile ride and Uber would cost $31.50 just one way). She said we would take the Uber together and she would pay for it.

I'm sitting here at my appointment waiting and I ask my Mom if she wants to take an Uber back or if she wants to see if I can get a ride back with some of the people that I know in the city. Her response was "well I'm paying for it either way." Well you are the one who kept pushing for us to take Uber and you are the one who offered to pay for it! I didn't ask you to. She was wanting to be rude about it and she said it in front of everybody in the waiting room.

Then she mentions that her money went missing out of her purse again (this happens every fucking week!) and that if the money doesn't stop going missing she won't be helping anyone out anymore.

She lives with us. Our names are on the lease. I am about to just tell her that she needs to move out. I can't handle her attitude problems anymore, the way she accuses people of taking her money every fucking week. I know she isn't going to leave but this is getting ridiculous.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:05 PM
That sucks. Who's stealing her money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:08 PM
I mean this has been happening every week since August. You would think if she really had all this money stolen from her she would stop leaving it in her purse and put it in a bank account. My fiancé thinks she is spending it won't then acts like it got stolen. It was rent money that my fiancé had given her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think anyone is, honestly. I think she is either losing it or spending it.

Quoting uhhnogirl: That sucks. Who's stealing her money.
sweetfox3
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:17 PM
Has she recently had her neurological functions checked out by a doctor? Something similar was one of the first signs my grandmother had dementia.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:18 PM

She's either lying about her money disappearing or she has absolutely no idea how to keep track of spending. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:21 PM
I would be surprised if it was both.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

She's either lying about her money disappearing or she has absolutely no idea how to keep track of spending. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:22 PM

Same with my grandmother.  She was also delusional and believing that a couple were breaking into her apartment and stealing money, her checkbook, and makeup. She even called the police to report this. We recently moved her to assisted living and when I cleaned out her apartment, I found her money stashed in all these weird hiding places.  It turned out to be around $2,000. Her checkbook and makeup were under her bed. 

Quoting sweetfox3: Has she recently had her neurological functions checked out by a doctor? Something similar was one of the first signs my grandmother had dementia.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:23 PM
If you and df are on the lease why is df giving your mom rent money?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:24 PM
She has not. When I mention stuff like that to her she swears she is fine and doesn't need to get checked.

Quoting sweetfox3: Has she recently had her neurological functions checked out by a doctor? Something similar was one of the first signs my grandmother had dementia.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:24 PM

I'm confused. If MIL is living with you in your home, why is your fiance giving her rent money? Or are you guys livng in her home? If I let someone stay in my home and my money came up missing, they would have to go. Why did she even have to go with you to your appointment? Why could she not just give you a couple dollars to handle your business?   This whole story is so weird.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I mean this has been happening every week since August. You would think if she really had all this money stolen from her she would stop leaving it in her purse and put it in a bank account. My fiancé thinks she is spending it won't then acts like it got stolen. It was rent money that my fiancé had given her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)