Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fostering

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
I'm thinking about becoming a foster parent. What do I need to know?

I know I'll fall in love with babies and be heartbroken when they're returned to crappy situations. I am hoping I'll be able to adopt one down the road some. I'd like another child but I'm unable.

Is this a bad idea?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
notuseless
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:12 PM
If you foster older kids remember that they might have gone through hell at their own homes and even at other foster homes so make sure to give them time to adjust and therapy if needed. They all need to know they are safe and loved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:14 PM
Thanks. I don't think I'll try older kids until my youngest is a little older (he's 6).

Quoting notuseless: If you foster older kids remember that they might have gone through hell at their own homes and even at other foster homes so make sure to give them time to adjust and therapy if needed. They all need to know they are safe and loved.
notuseless
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:25 PM
Unfortunately even the 2 year olds have been through a lot. If you foster and treat these kids right then you will be a blessing to them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks. I don't think I'll try older kids until my youngest is a little older (he's 6).

Quoting notuseless: If you foster older kids remember that they might have gone through hell at their own homes and even at other foster homes so make sure to give them time to adjust and therapy if needed. They all need to know they are safe and loved.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)