Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My city is hosting the Superbowl and I'm about to become a hermit.

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:14 PM
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this

At least during the craziness I am! LOL there are going to be a million or more people coming to Houston very soon and my anxiety can't handle all that, so I am staying as far away from the crowds as possible.

We hosted the Superbowl back in 2004 and I was young and childless then so my friend and I went to some parties downtown, it was a blast.

Now if the Packers come I might try to stalk Clay Matthews, hahaha. (Not really but he IS my NFL boyfriend, lol)

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:19 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:20 PM
I live in a town that gets lots of tourist during the summers. Sometimes it's better just to stay away from certain places. I totally understand.
sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:22 PM

Tourists can get super annoying. Especially sports fans. lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: I live in a town that gets lots of tourist during the summers. Sometimes it's better just to stay away from certain places. I totally understand.

mom23heathens
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:22 PM
I don't blame you. Our city hosted one in 2011. I didn't go anywhere near it! In fact, I don't go out if there is a home game or event.
sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:24 PM

Same. There are certain highways I won't go near if there is a game (we have NFL, NBA, MLB and Soccer stadiums)

Quoting mom23heathens: I don't blame you. Our city hosted one in 2011. I didn't go anywhere near it! In fact, I don't go out if there is a home game or event.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:25 PM

My city hosted the superbowl a few years ago and I barely noticed. Are you expected to entertain these people? Not sure how they're going to impact you except for maybe a little bit of increased traffic and it is probably harder to get a reservation at many restaurants.

sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:55 PM
Well good for you.

Increased traffic is a big deal in a city that already has a ton of traffic problems like mine.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

My city hosted the superbowl a few years ago and I barely noticed. Are you expected to entertain these people? Not sure how they're going to impact you except for maybe a little bit of increased traffic and it is probably harder to get a reservation at many restaurants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:00 PM

It's a big deal if only if you make it a big deal.

Quoting sarahfire: Well good for you. Increased traffic is a big deal in a city that already has a ton of traffic problems like mine.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:16 PM
I live right outside of Jacksonville Florida and when Jacksonville hosted the Super Bowl a few years back it really wasn't that bad. I mean you're not going to want to go anywhere near the football stadium. I mean I would stay well about 10 miles away at all times. It's going to be hard to get hotels close to the stadium around that time but other than that it's really not that bad
Famousglm714
by Gina on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:18 PM

We hosted in 2005 and it wasn't that bad to be honest. It was actually a pretty fun time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)