Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do women put men on a pedestal?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Like he needs his ass kissed for existing?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sammichmaker
by soup sandwich on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
We put each other on a pedestal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:30 PM

Me personally... Because I have a man who puts me on one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:30 PM

Because a paycheck and a penis is all a man has to bring to the table. Those two things make him the superior gender, the head of the household, a person who literally has to do nothing else. Forget that it's a family home or that his sperm helped to create the kids, he shouldn't have to lift a finger. A paycheck and a penis mean that he should be served and sucked 25/7.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:30 PM
Some women do. Some women don't. A broad statement like that isn't really worth anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:33 PM
I do not do that. I expect to be on the pedestal and I'm not sharing it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:35 PM
Lol!!

My husband definitely has that attitude lately. I'm sick of his shit!! And his douchey attitude. He thinks he can throw money at my feelings to make things better

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Because a paycheck and a penis is all a man has to bring to the table. Those two things make him the superior gender, the head of the household, a person who literally has to do nothing else. Forget that it's a family home or that his sperm helped to create the kids, he shouldn't have to lift a finger. A paycheck and a penis mean that he should be served and sucked 25/7.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:35 PM
Are you referencing something specific?

Dh and I have a mutual respect for each other. No pedestals.
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:37 PM

LOL. I don't do that but my dh is a very good man and he is a wonderful father to our dd. So I will give him credit for things because he deserves it. I'll be a good wife to him and not put him down the second that he irritates me. We are equal partners here. I see no reason to belittle him because he IS a man. I see plenty of women that treat men like they are these bumbling idiots when really they are fine. Most men are okay and they don't deserve to be admonished just because they would do things differently than us. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:37 PM

My dh once tried to call it "his money" and then said that I was only angry because I'm a feminist who wants to make sure that he hears me roar.

I almost fucking killed him. I mean seriously, I made it clear that if he EVER speaks to me like that again we're done. Not cool!!

Quoting Anonymous 6: Lol!! My husband definitely has that attitude lately. I'm sick of his shit!! And his douchey attitude. He thinks he can throw money at my feelings to make things better
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Libby22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:37 PM
I don't even know what you mean. DH is my partner, he's not on any pedestal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)