• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is going to the women's march Jan. 21?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

Questions for the women that are going; what are you wearing and what are you signs going to say ? 

Thanks!! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:50 PM
I'm going to the march in NYC.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:52 PM
I'm roller skating in it so I will be sign free
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:53 PM

I am sadly not going. I had planned to take my girls but in the end I decided it was too dangerous. Recent protests in our area have turned very ugly very quickly and I won't risk it. I will be supportive from my home. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:11 PM
My husband was just saying the same. In our area it seems safe as far as most people bring their kids and it has been friendly. My husband said because of the amount of people it may not be a safe one

Quoting sheramom4:

I am sadly not going. I had planned to take my girls but in the end I decided it was too dangerous. Recent protests in our area have turned very ugly very quickly and I won't risk it. I will be supportive from my home. 

sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: My husband was just saying the same. In our area it seems safe as far as most people bring their kids and it has been friendly. My husband said because of the amount of people it may not be a safe one
Quoting sheramom4:

My girls are teens and I really wanted them to have the experience but I just won't risk it. We will likely get outside groups like the Eugene Anarchists at the scheduled protests and they cause trouble. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:31 PM
No clue what it is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:34 PM

I want to go (NYC), but I don't know anyone going and that is not the sort of thing you go to by yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:40 PM

join https://www.facebook.com/womensmarchnyc/?fref=ts and make friends :) 

Thats what i did in my area

Quoting Anonymous 5:

I want to go (NYC), but I don't know anyone going and that is not the sort of thing you go to by yourself.

SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:44 PM
You really think it could be dangerous? My sister and I are taking our 12 yr old daughters 😞

Quoting sheramom4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:45 PM

Eh, while I don't think this will be dangerous, all protests have the chance of getting out of hand. I'd really only feel comfortable going with someone I acutally know. I'm sure I have friends that are going (its NYC, everyone I know is super liberal), I just need to reach out to people.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

join https://www.facebook.com/womensmarchnyc/?fref=ts and make friends :) 

Thats what i did in my area

Quoting Anonymous 5:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)