• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fresh Off The Boat & Black-ish are racist shows?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this

"Could you imagine the outrage if there was a show called Whiteys? Or a show dedicated to Whites moving to another land, assimilating to their cultures? I'm surprised the shows have lasted as long as they have" 

"Racist show"

"if they made a show white-ish and discussed political issues and opinions like this show does it would have been banned from tv and the producers lynched, will never watch this show or any like it"

"if there was a show all white called white-ish...the blacks would be going crazy........"

These comments were made on a Facebook post because a news station changed their cover photo to this:

Image may contain: 2 people, text

Why do so many white people get so offended when something isn't centered around them? Since there's so many on here that fit that description, feel free to explain why you feel like the everything has to revolve around your whiteness.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:43 PM
It's always sunny in Philadelphia is a racist show but it's for humor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:43 PM
I watched one episode of Blackish and thought it was possibly the stupidest and most racist show ever. It was about the N word.
crochetnewb
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:44 PM
I was under the impression that black-ish was a comedy. Last man standing there is one black family and a lot of insinuated racism. No one has said shit about that.
LadyEmris
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:44 PM
So stupid. A huge majority of tv shows are centered around white people. I love watching black ish and fresh off the boat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:46 PM

It is comedy but they also touch on issues that affect the AA community. I've never watched Last Man Standing, though.

Quoting crochetnewb: I was under the impression that black-ish was a comedy. Last man standing there is one black family and a lot of insinuated racism. No one has said shit about that.

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:47 PM
3 moms liked this

People who complain that an all black cast tv show is racist are racist themselves. They have hundreds of channels with thousands of tv shows and movies with all white faces staring back at them and they get butt hurt that there is one show that doesn't have a white face in it.  I find the tv show Blackish funny.  I love the actors on the show.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:47 PM
I don't see the appeal in either show but I don't find them racist.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:48 PM

I love FOTB as well. Haven't watched it lately, which is awesome because that means I'll have something to binge watch later lol. I've only see one episode of Black-ish.

Quoting LadyEmris: So stupid. A huge majority of tv shows are centered around white people. I love watching black ish and fresh off the boat.

Pink.Sunshine
I got my damn life tonight! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŒนThank you Ms. Blige! Great show!
Yesterday at 11:33 PM
by Petty Princess on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:50 PM

I like Black-ish. I used to watch Fresh off the boat. It lost it's appeal to me.

GKmoms18
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:51 PM
lol I ask the same things often!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)