• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 600 pound life

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Is anyone else sick of the television industry glorifying morbid obesity??? Blech, every time I change the channel theirs some morbidly obese grossness on. I'm no sdsdtick thin gal but I'm fat from obese. I just don't get whyits all over television.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this
600 pound life is anything but glorification of obesity. You obviously didn't watch the show.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:44 PM
2 moms liked this
That show is not glorifying it. My big fat fabulous life is stupid as fuck though. Why is that fat, dramatic bitch special? I'm fat too. Where is my show?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:44 PM
You sound kind of stupid as you evidently don't know what the show is about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:46 PM
Quoting Anonymous 3: That show is not glorifying it. My big fat fabulous life is stupid as fuck though. Why is that fat, dramatic bitch special? I'm fat too. Where is my show?

Lolol love this reply!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:47 PM
Quoting Anonymous 4: You sound kind of stupid as you evidently don't know what the show is about.

Sorry I have no desire to watch disgustingly obese people on TV.
aprilsalcro
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:49 PM
You should watch the show first and then make an opinion. Obviously you don't know what you're talking about
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:50 PM

You obviously have no clue what the show is about.  It does the farthest thing from glorify it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, I've actually never watched the show but have seen the promos. It's cringeworthy.

Quoting Anonymous 1:
Quoting Anonymous 3: That show is not glorifying it. My big fat fabulous life is stupid as fuck though. Why is that fat, dramatic bitch special? I'm fat too. Where is my show?

Lolol love this reply!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I love 600 lb life. Especially if the person does good on their weight loss journey. If the can go from 600lbs to 200 something lbs then I can lose 20 or 30 lbs. Lol.
fairymom82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:53 PM
That show doesn't glorify it. It depicts the struggles of their daily life, the sadness, and the long road to weight loss through surgery. Which isn't a cure all magic either like some believe. The men and women who do that show are braver than I'd ever be. They lay bare all the things they are struggling through. It's a really good show especially when they succeed and are so much better. I AM a tiny, skinny person but I root for each and every one who is empowered enough to make that change.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)