• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He says he has 2 moms :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 233 Replies

I have 3 kids with my ex husband. He has been with his current wife since before we even filed for our divorce. She has been in our kids lives since all 3 were in diapers. They literally dont know any different. Well lately ive noticed that my middle son has started referring to his step mom as mom too. Today he walked through the door and handed me his backpack like normal. He said he had some stuff in there for his step mom. He pulled out a hand made necklace and a paper that was folded. It said happy valentines day mom i love you. I admit it hurt to see it and it hurts to hear him refer to her as mom. It seems to make my oldest mad though. He will correct his brother and say that he only has 1 mom.

In the beginning they refused to call her mommy. But they would refer to my at the time bf as daddy. That bugged my ex. So since they were little he has threatened them with punishment if they called my now husband daddy. So they all stopped except the youngest because he was a baby but as he got older he stopped because he like the other 2 were afraid of their dad. My middle son wont flat out call his step mom mom in front of me. He stills refers to her by her name. For alittle while he was referring to my husband as daddy again but than it suddenly stopped. I just asked him why he refers to his step mom as mom but not his step dad as dad and he said because of daddy. I asked what he meant and he said if we call E daddy that our real daddy will be mad at us and punish us. Ive explained to him for years now that its not up to daddy or me what they call their step parents that its up to them. I told him that when hes at daddys he can call his step mom whatever and when hes here he can call his step dad whatever. The fear gets to him though and hes very hesitant about saying it to his step dad. I can tell it bothers him.

My mom told me i need to have the same rule here. That if he calls her mom that i should punish him too. Because its a double standard on my exs part. Which is true but my son doesnt understand what that means. I dont feel its right to punish him for loving a woman thats been in his life since he was 1 years old. I just wish my ex would stop with the double standard and realize that they have 2 sets of parents like i had to realize a long time ago.

For those saying i need to grow up, um why? i said ive told the kids from the beginning to call their step parents whatever they want. Its ok for me not to like it but i dont express it to my kids. I'm telling them its ok and that daddy punishing them for it is wrong.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Wtf? You're both childish. Let those kids call whoever whatever they want and gtf over it. I jave about 4 kids who call me mom, and my daughter calls certain friends' parents mom and dad. You're both letting your egos get in the way of something that is normal and natural for these kids. You should both be ashamed for mind fucking your kids like that because you're insecure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:57 PM
Be the bigger person and let your ds refer to whoever he wants as whatever he wants.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:58 PM
Grow up and get over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:58 PM

how am i childish? i said i told the kids they can call their step parents whatever they want.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Wtf? You're both childish. Let those kids call whoever whatever they want and gtf over it. I jave about 4 kids who call me mom, and my daughter calls certain friends' parents mom and dad. You're both letting your egos get in the way of something that is normal and natural for these kids. You should both be ashamed for mind fucking your kids like that because you're insecure.

brime98
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:59 PM
Jesus. Just be glad your kids have a pack of adults in their lives that love them.
Now grow up and *be* one of those adults. Tell the others to do the same.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:59 PM

i am being the bigger person. i said in the post that i have told my kids from the beginning that they can call their step parents whatever they want

Quoting Anonymous 3: Be the bigger person and let your ds refer to whoever he wants as whatever he wants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:01 PM

im not throwing a fit about what they call their step mom. as ive said ive told them from the beginning they can call her whatever they want.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Grow up and get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:02 PM

jesus learn to fucking read. i said i have told the kids from the beginning to call their step parents whatever they want. i dont punish them and i dont throw a fit when they call her mom.

Quoting brime98: Jesus. Just be glad your kids have a pack of adults in their lives that love them. Now grow up and *be* one of those adults. Tell the others to do the same.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:03 PM
4 moms liked this
Your ex and your mother both sound childish and spiteful. You need to tell both if them to grow up. Stand up for your son.

I know it stings to hear him call someone else mom. Be thankful the woman treats him so well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:03 PM
Isn't mothers day in may?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)