Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If You Rent, How Long Would You Put Up With This? (pics)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Hello ladies. This is the only apartment I have ever rented that I have had to deal with this kind of management. The apartment office number is just a menue you select a number that best fits your problem/question (this changed over once we moved in, used to be able to call and speak to office staff). You dont talk to a live person in the office anymore. You can leave a message for the office staffs head manager, but YOU WONT EVER GET A CALL BACK FOR ANY REASON. The only way to get a maintenance request, is to put it in as an emergency. A 3rd party company answers the phone makes the order and submits it too the apartments complexes office assistant who is supposed to give it too maintenance.

Me and my husband signed a lease here Oct 22nd 2016. We signed for a year. Everything was fine with our home until..

November 22nd 2016! That's when our OVEN BROKE. It just stopped working. The stove is fine. I have reported this verbally many times as an emergency maintenance request. (I did this because there is no other way to make a maintenance request for ANYTHING). many reports have been made for maintenance to come fix our oven or order a new one.
I have physically gone down the office multiple times to talk to the head manager. She's either never in her office or on the phone. The only other time I talked to her in person about my broken oven, she won't even look at me! She just has this is don't care attitude then blames maintenance (who she hires) for my oven not being fixed.

It's still broken Jan 2017.

Dec 27th 2016
the cieling in the hall way has the AC fan up in it. The condensation from the AC is leaking on the ceiling and making it discoloured. The cieling tiles are held up by the plastic bars. The other ceiling tiles have begun for crack, they don't sit on the bars correctly. One of the ceiling tiles is sagging pretty bad and is discolored. It stinks in the living room when the AC turns on. It's getting worse by the week. It's January 18th 2017 it's still broken.
I have logged all the problems on paper for a physical evidence.

I live in Texas. I don't know what to do?! I have read the texas tenant rights and the rights of the landlord but everything points to us not bring able to do anything about our situation. Without the landlord hating us.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wamimsauthor
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I would report it to a consumer reporter or the news. That's horrible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:28 PM
5 moms liked this
Send them a certified letter stating the issues, when they occurred and any paper trail you have of requesting the problems to be fixed. Then contact your local housing authority and news station.
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:32 PM
I would definitely report this.
JadedSpirit
by Scarlett on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like grounds to break your lease. You have to send a certified letter stating that you have repeatedly requested maintenance to no avail. List your attempts. You are giving them written notice of intent to break your lease with cause if they do not make repairs within 30 days.
Check your lease for the clause about termination and check your tenants rights.

Honestly, I do not know why you would want to stay there. Imagine if something were to be an emergency.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe you can with hold rent and place it in an escrow account
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:44 PM

get a local news agency to take the story for you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:50 PM

You need to contact code enforcement and see what they can do to  help you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:55 PM
We don't want to stay here. But one of us lost our job in November. So we won't be approved for another apartment till we both work. But I can still write a certified letter to the apartment office stating that I have attempted to get both these problems fixed multiple times and nothing has been done. And ask them in writing to fix these issues. But I can't threaten to terminate the lease with only one of us working.

Quoting JadedSpirit: Sounds like grounds to break your lease. You have to send a certified letter stating that you have repeatedly requested maintenance to no avail. List your attempts. You are giving them written notice of intent to break your lease with cause if they do not make repairs within 30 days.
Check your lease for the clause about termination and check your tenants rights.

Honestly, I do not know why you would want to stay there. Imagine if something were to be an emergency.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:59 PM

First of all that vent needs to be cleaned.  

the big and getting spots look like mold is growing.  huge health hazard.

I'd call and call and call and call and call and call and call.  

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:10 PM
This has your rights and the steps you must take..

http://texastenant.org/repairs.html
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)