• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think people on foodstamps should get to buy food online?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies

I heard on "world news tonight" that Amazon is going to offer food stamps for food purchases. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:28 PM

Why not?  I don't care where they buy their food.

caustinb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:28 PM
Don't really care.

Pretty sure Amazon is poised for world takeover. Maybe Bezos wants to be President next?
lilblu399
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:29 PM
It's a valid form of payment in the U.S. so yes. It could be useful to help those who cannot make it to a grocery store do to health, disability, etc.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:30 PM

Yes I do it would help those that have no transportation or have to pay to get to the grocery.

RonaH
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:31 PM
Sure why not. Food is food. I order from Amazon sometimes out of laziness so I guess it would benefit those homebound.lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:32 PM
2 moms liked this

I live in a rural area where it is 30 miles to the grocery store, so this is something that would come in handy for those who cannot get to a real grocery store, instead of using their snap at the gas station food aisle, which is highly over priced.

Quoting lwalker270:

Why not?  I don't care where they buy their food.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:32 PM
5 moms liked this
I am rather appalled by the way the food stamp program is run, but even I don't see a problem with this.

In fact, I think it could be incredibly helpful for disabled people.
belle2780
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I think if it's from a grocery store like coborns they should. An Ebt card has a PIN number, what they could do is set up accounts where if you log in as an Ebt customer then only food items appear and make it so the delivery fee is paid for by the person and not the Ebt. It would be handy at times. We have had Ebt in the past and when I was working overnights, it would have been handy to just order and have it delivered. Or
For those with small kids, disabled kids or health issues themselves. I have heard swans food let's you order with Ebt online now too but you have to pay the deliver fee with an actual check or debit card.
lovemysnugbugs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see why not. A lot of people on food stamps are disabled. Getting to the store could be difficult, this would alleviate that.
nikabear
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:32 PM
Sure why not?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)