Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oh no not independence!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 148 Replies

I have a 6-year-old sd, a 5-year-old ds a 1-year-old ds and a 3-month-old dd. I needed to run and grab some things from the store and my sd asked if she could do it for me. I told her she could, but if I didn't see her at check out in 10 minutes I would come in and find her. I wrote what I needed, gave her more than enough money and she went in and came out in less than 10 minutes with some extra treats for her and her siblings but she still got what was needed. I did it again and sent sd and ds into the liquor store to grab soda for pizza night. told them that if I didn't see them at the counter in 5 minutes I would go in and find them. no issues. until the kids came back to the car and this woman followed them out, knocked on my window and called me a shitty mother for letting them go inside by themselves. I asked her if they were throwing stuff on the floor, she said no, I asked if they were stealing things and she said no that they paid. then I said "if they aren't causing problems how exactly am I a shitty mother?" and I rolled up my window and drove off.

the horror. kids doing things independently!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlessedWithLife
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:35 PM
My only concern is someone taking them. I think I'm paranoid about that, though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:35 PM
2 moms liked this

this did not happen

horcruxnumber8
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Where are you? In my state minors aren't allowed in liquor stores by themselves.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:36 PM

in any state I've ever been in they sell ice cream bars, candy, chips and sodas so why wouldnt kids be allowed in there?

Quoting horcruxnumber8: Where are you? In my state minors aren't allowed in liquor stores by themselves.

horcruxnumber8
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:38 PM
Are you talking about convenience stores or an actual liquor store?

Independence is great.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

in any state I've ever been in they sell ice cream bars, candy, chips and sodas so why wouldnt kids be allowed in there?

Quoting horcruxnumber8: Where are you? In my state minors aren't allowed in liquor stores by themselves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:39 PM

they are called liquor stores so liquor stores.

Quoting horcruxnumber8: Are you talking about convenience stores or an actual liquor store? Independence is great.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't send my child into a liquor store on their own. A grocery store, maybe depending on the child.
horcruxnumber8
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:42 PM
If you say so. Here there are liquor stores that sell liquor only and convienence stores that sell soda, beer, candy and the like. Two different places.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting horcruxnumber8: Are you talking about convenience stores or an actual liquor store?

Independence is great.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:44 PM

its the same place here. the only store that solely sells booze is bevmo and even then the kids go in there anyway if we go in there.

Quoting horcruxnumber8: If you say so. Here there are liquor stores that sell liquor only and convienence stores that sell soda, beer, candy and the like. Two different places.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting horcruxnumber8: Are you talking about convenience stores or an actual liquor store? Independence is great.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:44 PM

why? they sell ice cream and sodas and even some have deli counters.

Quoting lenashark: I wouldn't send my child into a liquor store on their own. A grocery store, maybe depending on the child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)