• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Texas to require burial or cremation of fetal remains, pro-choice groups likely to sue

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:21 PM
I hope the sue!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:25 PM
I have an abortion scheduled for Monday I wish I could have the cremated the remains but nope they will sell my baby's parts and pieces for profit most likely.

I'm still undecided if I'm going to go through with the procedure. The thought if my baby being ripped apart then sold to the highest bidder is making me extremely depressed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:27 PM
Oh heaven forbid these babies are at least given the dignity of not being thrown out with the trash
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:29 PM
If you want the remains you probably are not going to be OK with the abortion

Quoting Anonymous 3: I have an abortion scheduled for Monday I wish I could have the cremated the remains but nope they will sell my baby's parts and pieces for profit most likely.

I'm still undecided if I'm going to go through with the procedure. The thought if my baby being ripped apart then sold to the highest bidder is making me extremely depressed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:38 PM
The local Catholic hospital does cremations of miscarried babies and sprinkles the ashes in the "baby garden". I think they do them once a month but I'm not sure.

I had a late term miscarriage at home. I was blessed to be able to hold my son. I was 18wks but he had died weeks before. The funeral home did his cremation for free. All we had to pay for was his tiny urn.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:43 PM
You think medical waste is thrown out in the run of the mill garbage?

Quoting Anonymous 4: Oh heaven forbid these babies are at least given the dignity of not being thrown out with the trash
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:45 PM
Pro choice groups did sue, the law was blocked and the judge looks extremely likely to strike it down when you look at his line of questioning.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN14O2CB
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:55 PM
I'm really not ok with it especially considering if I waited 3 days it would be illegal in my state I feel pressured by my husband honestly I think divorce would be better because this is going to make me resent him completely. I don't want another child but I don't want it to die. I'm a mess really I'm a freaking mess right now.

Quoting Anonymous 4: If you want the remains you probably are not going to be OK with the abortion

Quoting Anonymous 3: I have an abortion scheduled for Monday I wish I could have the cremated the remains but nope they will sell my baby's parts and pieces for profit most likely.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:56 PM
Youre killing it, so why give a shot what they do with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:59 PM
I don't want to raise another child but I want to know what happens to it. I don't want to just throw it in the garbage but I don't want to be pregnant nor do I want to raise another child. I wasn't expecting a vasectomy baby.

Quoting Anonymous 7: Youre killing it, so why give a shot what they do with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)