Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen mom and social skills

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I was a pretty young teen mom (14), My kids are now all in school. I have been a stahm since I was 14. I am now 26, I did go to school and finished up to my externship which I had a hard time with because of my lack of social skills. It didn't help that I was accused of stealing at one point which was not true they checked the cameras and everything. I stuck through 3 weeks but after that I just couldn't take it anymore, I was dealing with a depressed kid at home and then with people trying to sabotage me there. I ended up quitting.

I went to school for something that I thought was the right career for me, but I made that choice before I even had kids. Now that I am grown I know that's not what I want but now I am lost. I have no idea who I am, all I am is a mom but have no idea who I am as a person or how to go about finding myself without hurting the ones I love. Has anyone else gone through this? Advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:17 PM
Holy shit! 14?!?!?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:19 PM
You are doing a huge disservice to yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:20 PM

Yes and I had twins

Quoting Danesmommy1: Holy shit! 14?!?!?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:23 PM

You just need to try. After a while it will become your new normal. You just need to do it without over thinking it. Us mom, will feel that we are better off spending that time on our kids, or what is the point of it, but you can do it. You are young! Show your kids that the sky is the limit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:24 PM

okay... Why?

Quoting Anonymous 2: You are doing a huge disservice to yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:25 PM
😂
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:26 PM

yeah but where do I even start?

Quoting Anonymous 3:

You just need to try. After a while it will become your new normal. You just need to do it without over thinking it. Us mom, will feel that we are better off spending that time on our kids, or what is the point of it, but you can do it. You are young! Show your kids that the sky is the limit.

MamaWanna1982
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:29 PM

Wow, @ 14. Start small, try to make some mom friends in your town and at your childrens school...Attend local events... are your kids in any after school activities? try to make friends there too...get involved in the community 

LOLnope
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

as a teen mom who had her first 30 days after I turned 15, I think that you made a huge mistake by just quitting.  Quitters are the number one reason teen mom statistics are so damn grim.  Go back and dont quit even when the going gets tough.  If I can have a baby by 15, and 3 by 21, be in an abusive, military marriage, and still get a Bachelors, you can do this.  You really can, and you'll thank yourself if you do.  

Or, are you just so comfy in the struggle that you're afraid to get out?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:31 PM

Quoting Anonymous 4: 😂

Whats so funny?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)