• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*long, sorry* No I'm not paying!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Backstory: my mother was with an abusive man for five years, and he was the reason we were taken away from her. It wasn't until two years later that she finally left him.

Okay, so I'm grown, I work, I have two kids, a husband, and a house of my own. My mother and I are on relatively good terms again. I am not on good terms with her younger sister, who I knew kept contact with this man, hence why we're not on good terms.

Well my husband texted me, asking me who (the mans name) was, and why was my aunt asking us for money. He then told me to check my messages for screenshots of their conversation.

She was describing, in full detail, that my mother's abuser was in a bad spot. That he'd gotten treatment for bipolar disorder and was doing great for years until he lost his job. The same day he lost his job, his wife, whom he also abused, told him she was leaving. That she wasn't subjecting their kids to it anymore. Apparently he beat the shit out of her, and ended up in jail. At his hearing, the judge told him he was no longer allowed around his wife or children until he was back on a medication regiment, and he was also ordered to pay child support.

He reached out to my aunt for help. Who thought for some reason reaching out to me and my husband would be best.

I called her, and told her in no uncertain terms that I would NOT be helping him out, that it was not my, nor her responsibility to keep him from beating the shit out of women, and that maybe now he'll learn his lesson for good. She said I owed it to him for being a father figure. I told her my father didn't beat my mom half to death in front of us, and I didn't owe him a fucking thing. I then warned her not to even think of going to my mother with this, and if she did she could kiss what little of a relationship we do have goodbye.

Do I really owe it to that bastard to bail him out of a hole that he dug for himself? That he dragged us into as children?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shaken1976
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:48 PM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Fuck no...you don't owe him shit!
sammichmaker
by soup sandwich on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:48 PM
Fuck no you do not.
crochetnewb
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:50 PM

Hell no you owe him nothing. Maybe your aunt should go be with him and see first hand how he treats the women he's with. Why does she have anything to do with him when the abuse was to a point you were removed from the household?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:50 PM
I still have nightmares about the shit he did to my mother. He threw a curtain rod at her back and it ended up getting caught in her shoulder
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:50 PM
Nope!!!! Your aunt needs a new hobby
Blondeelox
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:51 PM
Oh for goodness sake no. Who defends a wife beater?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:51 PM
Because she was a teenager at the time it happened, and thought that my mom deserved half of it.

Quoting crochetnewb:

Hell no you owe him nothing. Maybe your aunt should go be with him and see first hand how he treats the women he's with. Why does she have anything to do with him when the abuse was to a point you were removed from the household?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:52 PM
A lot of people. When the custody case went to trial, my mother even defended him by saying she deserved it

Quoting Blondeelox: Oh for goodness sake no. Who defends a wife beater?
Cajunqueenslsg8
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:53 PM
Nope nope nope!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)