Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Still think I'm evil?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
I posted recently about my pet rats. One was deathly ill, and I was debating about having both of them euthanized, even though one was still healthy. The reason I wanted to do that was because I've owned several pairs over the years, and they all die the same way. It isn't pretty. After one passes, the other one almost always soon follows. They literally die from from a broken heart.

Everyone thought I was evil, and quite a few suggested that I should euthanize myself. Well, this is an update to that.

The sick one died naturally before I could take them in. And just as I had predicted, the second one went downhill FAST. At first she went insane, and tore the cage to shreds. That fleece set had been untouched for over a year, and she tore it up within days. Also, a large bark chew toy that had been in there relatively untouched for months was chewed down to nothing in less than a week. She stopped chewing, but she also stopped eating and cleaning herself. She also developed a respiratory infection, and every breath is a struggle. This all happened in less than a month of losing her cage mate.

If she survives the weekend, I plan on scheduling the euthanasia for Monday.

Go fuck yourselves.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:20 PM
Sad!
Lulu-mama
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:20 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about but I'm sorry for the loss of your pet.
f.i.s.h
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:23 PM

That's sad

bleumonster
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:26 PM
I missed the post but I think your experience in this area trumps what some random stranger would think.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:26 PM
So your pet rat is struggling to breath and you are going to wait 4 days to euthanize it....
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:27 PM
Why take advice you knew was wrong?
OliRye1234
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:28 PM
That's so sad. Out of desperation, I gave my brother's one rat a very modified CPR because the poor thing was on his way out and his cage mate was a wreck over it. My brother was taking his LSAT and my parents told me I couldn't let the rat die because my brother had a lot on his mind. Both rats died within the week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:28 PM

Mom2theboy1994
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:31 PM

If you knew euthanizing was the right thing to do, why on earth would you take advice from strangers? I'm going to assume you are feeling poorly for making bad choices and are choosing to act out on-line to help relieve your pain. I'm sorry you are losing your pets. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:32 PM
Monday is the first available time in my calander.

Quoting Anonymous 3: So your pet rat is struggling to breath and you are going to wait 4 days to euthanize it....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)