• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This dream has really been bothering me... *TRIGGER*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I swear I'm not Godstar. I had this dream a few weeks ago, but I can't get it out of my mind. If anyone is up for interpretation, please have at it.

My daughter and I had just gotten home. It was already dark and quite late. I don't recall why my daughter stayed out on the back porch, but she did. I feel like she was on her phone, but I'm not positive. I went inside to get ready for the night, clean up, etc.. It was maybe 20 minutes or so before I went out to check on my daughter. She is 11 by the way. She had fallen asleep on our patio set. It was eerily quiet and starting to drizzle, so I went over to being her inside. As I reached down to pick her up, I hear a woman screaming "rape!" It was a few blocks over to the left and near the woods. It was very alarming. I picked up my daughter and as I turned around to go inside, I hear the woman again. Only this time she is on the main street (to my right.) She was moving impossibly fast and there was no way for her to have been in a vehicle because of where the sounds were coming from. I'm getting really scared at this point and trying to get my daughter inside before she wakes up. Just as I get inside, I hear her one last time from right in front of my house. I locked the door and that was the last thing I remember before waking up.

I've had bad dreams before, but this one shook me and I don't know why.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:08 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:11 AM
Um, put a trigger warning in header please and thank you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:18 AM
Sorry. I posted something a while ago that I thought needed a trigger warning and of course was torn to shreds because apparently I was out of line.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Um, put a trigger warning in header please and thank you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:21 AM
Is your daughter really starting to develop? I once had a therapist tell me that dreams really aren't as cryptic as we perceive them to be.
Perhaps you're having some anxiety about your little girl appearing less childlike. I was an early bloomer & realized men are pervs by the time i hit middle school. Maybe last time you were out together, you may have caught an older boy/ male checking her out. 11 is a tough age to start appearing older. If this is the case, you could be worried that she'll get attention from boys or young men that may try to take advantage of her naivete. Or perhaps you are worrying that she may start puberty soon.
Kinda like your little girl is asleep&dreaming peacefully, unaware that the threat of being deflowered or perveived as a sexual object or raped itself seems to be racing all over, just outside of your door.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:27 AM
Thanks princess.

Sorry, I am of no help I deal with nightmares every night.

I had a book at one point about meaning of dreams... try to look it up on the internet.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Sorry. I posted something a while ago that I thought needed a trigger warning and of course was torn to shreds because apparently I was out of line.

LadyGigi
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:28 AM

Yes. This. This is what I was thinking, but I couldn't think of how to put it into words. Anon 3 did a great job of conveying my interpretation.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Is your daughter really starting to develop? I once had a therapist tell me that dreams really aren't as cryptic as we perceive them to be. Perhaps you're having some anxiety about your little girl appearing less childlike. I was an early bloomer & realized men are pervs by the time i hit middle school. Maybe last time you were out together, you may have caught an older boy/ male checking her out. 11 is a tough age to start appearing older. If this is the case, you could be worried that she'll get attention from boys or young men that may try to take advantage of her naivete. Or perhaps you are worrying that she may start puberty soon. Kinda like your little girl is asleep&dreaming peacefully, unaware that the threat of being deflowered or perveived as a sexual object or raped itself seems to be racing all over, just outside of your door.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:33 AM
Really?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:37 AM
I'm sorry for being rude and all.

I come here to a parenting forum and don't like being blindsighed into reading articles I would rather stay away from.

I have horrible ptsd.

I'm sorry.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Really?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2017 at 11:37 PM
Thank you. That was really eye opening and pretty spot on.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Is your daughter really starting to develop? I once had a therapist tell me that dreams really aren't as cryptic as we perceive them to be.
Perhaps you're having some anxiety about your little girl appearing less childlike. I was an early bloomer & realized men are pervs by the time i hit middle school. Maybe last time you were out together, you may have caught an older boy/ male checking her out. 11 is a tough age to start appearing older. If this is the case, you could be worried that she'll get attention from boys or young men that may try to take advantage of her naivete. Or perhaps you are worrying that she may start puberty soon.
Kinda like your little girl is asleep&dreaming peacefully, unaware that the threat of being deflowered or perveived as a sexual object or raped itself seems to be racing all over, just outside of your door.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 19, 2017 at 11:41 PM
You're afraid for your daughter. She is at that age where changes start happening, and unfortunately her life becomes more dangerous. I recommend some self defense classes, I think you will feel better if she knows how to react to an abductor or attacker.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)