Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well they called cps today and filed child abandonment charges

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
I am the mother of the mentally ill 17 yr old. Quick recap she is not at home she is one her 3rd battery charge against family and the most recent was against one of my other children.

Today they called and asked me if I wanted to schedule a therapy sessions before her discharged date. And I explained that I will not be picking her up, that I am refusing to pick her up and I am well aware that cps will be contacted. They told me they will file abandonment charges on me I said I know I am aware of that.

Tonight I called DD to speak to her. And she told me they called today and filed abandonment charges on me. And that a guy from CPS came and spoke to her today. She said she understands why I am refusing to pick her up and that she doesn't want me to get in trouble for this. And that we are trying to make plan for her to leave state we just can't do anything until we find out what is going to happen with this recent battery charge.

I have been placed in an impossible situation. I don't know what is going to happen. Cps will probably contact me tomorrow or Friday. I am worried about what is going to happen but I don't know what else to do. If they would go ahead and push my daughter case through and drop it like they said they would do I could go ahead and take her to her aunt house in another state. That is the condition they have on order to drop the changes.

So now we are just playing a waiting game.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tklrcl2014
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:26 PM

Hire a lawyer, now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:27 PM
Why didn't you just pick her up and take her to her aunts? It must be horrible for her to feel so unwanted
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:27 PM
I know I am going to need one

Quoting tklrcl2014:

Hire a lawyer, now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:28 PM
She can't leave the state and her aunt is in another state. She isn't unwanted. She is out of control.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why didn't you just pick her up and take her to her aunts? It must be horrible for her to feel so unwanted
MomInANutHouse
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:30 PM
So you will just leave her and not get her the mental health she needs?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:30 PM
Good I hope they take your kids and throw you in prison and throw away the key.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:31 PM
Well aren't you a peach.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Good I hope they take your kids and throw you in prison and throw away the key.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I have been trying to get her the mental health she needs for 5 yrs now. She is the one who hasn't complied

Quoting MomInANutHouse: So you will just leave her and not get her the mental health she needs?
tina_a
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:32 PM
So you don't think she will be out of control at her aunt's house?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Coming from someone who doesn't know the situation obviously. Most of the women Dom I am leaving her there to protect my smaller children . Did you not read that her most recent battery charge is against one of my other children

Quoting Anonymous 3: Good I hope they take your kids and throw you in prison and throw away the key.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)