Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Begging DH for another baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Almost two year ago I had a miscarriage, I was devastated.  Dh and I tried a few times after the miscarriage for another baby but no luck, for the last 6 months I have tracked my ovulation (as suggested by my ob) and practically begged him, every time he comes up with an excuse or just flat out refuses.

Maybe I am being sensitive but I am hurt, my self esteem is slowly chipping away. Tonight I asked him to just cuddle with me  for a little, he said next time. After he left for work I sent him a message saying I am over it. I am just so confused and hurt.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BrownEyedGirl86
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:33 PM

you two need to sit down and talk. 

you need to express your feelings and him his. hopefully that will help things.

sorry about your loss and good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:40 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. You both are going through it. I wouldn't rush my husband anymore than I'd want him to rush me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2017 at 10:38 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm so sorry for your loss. You both are going through it. I wouldn't rush my husband anymore than I'd want him to rush me.

You might be right, I told him lets drop it for now I guess when it happens ,it happens. I am 33 first miscarriage was due to trisomy18, the last miscarriage there was no explanation. I'm just scared the older i get the harder it will be 

VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 10:54 AM

He's grieving too. I'm sorry you're both going through this. A good friend of mine went through multiple miscarriages and it was awful on her and her husband. They found out after their daughter was born that my friend had rheumatoid arthritis and that's what was causing the miscarriages. 

It still makes me angry that the doctors didn't catch it when they were going through all this. They lost multiple babies, one who was born too early and lived for a few hours. The doctors just kept saying there was no reason for it to keep happening and couldn't figure out why. 

It wasn't until she went in for a checkup with another doctor that this doctor mentioned she obviously had it and was shocked that she didn't know she had because of all the miscarriages. All the other doctors she had seen while trying to conceive for years should have figured it out. That was heartbreaking. 

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 10:55 AM

This

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

you two need to sit down and talk. 

you need to express your feelings and him his. hopefully that will help things.

sorry about your loss and good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)