Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What disapline would you use?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
I have a three yr old and a five yr old. We walk to school. We don't live to far. Ds5 is in kindergarten and dd3 just started pre kindergarten 3 days ago. Since she has turned 3 walking ds to school. Now walking both of them to school has become a battle. Dd will stop dead in her tracks. And just goes "nope" "Nooooooo!" Basically she love the word no. What would you do for disapline in this situation?
Leaving her at home is not an option at this time. Nor is driving.
Just want other disapline ideas. As my "you can walk nicely, or I can pick you up." Isn't working as effectively anymore. (FYI she hates being carried majority of the time)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:48 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:52 PM
I would ignore her and keep walking. She'll catch up.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:53 PM
5 moms liked this
*discipline
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:57 PM
4 moms liked this
I catch my son with the element of surprise randomly in the day. He wants to do something fun or asks for a treat. You chose to tell me no when I asked you to walk. I'm choosing to tell you no now. Works like a charm. He doesn't do it twice.
Jasuzha
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
My son did that at the same age. I didn't discipline him. I made it a game. He loves to think he beat me. We would search for different things like a bird, a dog, a red car, etc. I would pretend not to see things too. Not every time but often enough to keep the score close. Sometimes I would pick something; sometimes he would. The prize wasn't always something fancy. For example there was a call button on the school. My son loved to push it. "Allowing" him was the prize a lot.
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:14 AM
I would bring along a wagon. Then when she gets tired she can ride.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Spanking. Your snowflake sounds like she could use it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I was thinking of getting a sled...

Quoting Lynette: I would bring along a wagon. Then when she gets tired she can ride.
Southernmom924
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Just put her in a stroller. Problem solved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:44 AM
3 moms liked this
I really like this idea and think I will use it with my son when the time comes.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I catch my son with the element of surprise randomly in the day. He wants to do something fun or asks for a treat. You chose to tell me no when I asked you to walk. I'm choosing to tell you no now. Works like a charm. He doesn't do it twice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)