• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladies who sew

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Good evening, ladies!! I'm stuck on a sewing project that I just cannot get the next step. My brain is full on dumb right now.

I have photos for you! I need to figure out which side this cut out that I need to sew. The woman who did the tutorial got the photos WAYYY too close. The problem I'm having is that she says to sew down the 8" edge however, the cut out is 8" x8" sooo do I sew the top edge or the one going down!!??

I'm making a changing pad cover.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:46 PM
I have 6 years trade sewing and don't understand your post. Can you put the link INTO a post here so I can look at hers.... Is it going to be just a removable cover or are you putting padding in permanently??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:47 PM
http://viewfromthefridge.com/sew-a-changing-pad-cover/

This is the link. It's step #8. The cover will be removable.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have 6 years trade sewing and don't understand your post. Can you put the link INTO a post here so I can look at hers.... Is it going to be just a removable cover or are you putting padding in permanently??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:53 PM

Mobile Photo

Basically, I'm asking where do I do the 8" seam she says to do. In the red or the purple.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have 6 years trade sewing and don't understand your post. Can you put the link INTO a post here so I can look at hers.... Is it going to be just a removable cover or are you putting padding in permanently??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:56 PM
Sew red and people together, right sides facing each other.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

Basically, I'm asking where do I do the 8" seam she says to do. In the red or the purple.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:57 PM
Oh! So, basically I'm closing that off completely? Lol

It's been years since I've sewn.
I'm sorry.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Sew red and people together, right sides facing each other.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:01 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Like this, it will give it dimension

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh! So, basically I'm closing that off completely? Lol

It's been years since I've sewn.
I'm sorry.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Sew red and people together, right sides facing each other.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2017 at 12:27 AM
Anon 3 is correct by the picture
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)